K

Ooooooooh, Barracuda........

Started by K5054NZ, August 02, 2008, 10:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

UPCOMING BUILD
Just wanted to whet your appetites with a whif racer which you can actually fly..................

No, she's not my design, but I love her to bits so I'm gonna get an Airfix Sea Fury when its out here and make her into a 1:72 Barracuda. Mean looking thing, dontcha think? :D

Full build progress EXCLUSIVE to WhatIfModelers.com

cthulhu77

great Zac...now I have that bloody guitar riff going through my head over and over. Neat plane though !

sotoolslinger

Zac, If you can stoop to working in 1/48 I have a Hobbycraft Sea Fury F.B. MK II .I don't know how long it would take to get to you but let me know if you wan't it ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Shasper

Cthulhu, this is where Guitar Hero 2 comes in handy . . . ;)

Cant wait to see the hobbit back in play!

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

K5054NZ

Quote from: Shasper on August 03, 2008, 08:28:02 AM
Cthulhu, this is where Guitar Hero 2 comes in handy . . . ;)

Cant wait to see the hobbit back in play!

Shas 8)
Hey Greg....Dundugadundugadundugadugadunduuun........dweeeeoooow...........

Love that song! I envision a music video of her around the pylons with that particular song roaring away.....

BTW two of my best friends are off to Germany in September to play Guitar Hero for big bucks - number 1 Xbox players in the country! Love those games....

Anyway, STS, my main engine man! PM inbound son! I like this plan....always wanted a big Fury anyway! ;D

Had a play with the "real" 'cuda last night around the pylons..............flaming mean machine! Massive roll rate, tremendous power, tears along 450mph at full boost. Unless the team can get their engine maxed out a tad, I think she's only destined for Silver placings :(.

Shasper

Dude, wax that thing untill even the dust wont stick, that'll cut down your parasite drag ;)

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Tophe

Quote from: K5054NZ on August 02, 2008, 10:35:46 PM
No, she's not my design, but I love her to bits so I'm gonna get an Airfix Sea Fury when its out here and make her into a 1:72 Barracuda.
Whose design is this? I've asked Google and found nothing about her... Nice plane anyway, the model may be great! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

K5054NZ

;D Christophe, this baby is a hypothetical convsersion for Microsoft Flight Simulator 98! Runs great in my copy of FS2004. She's by Chris Lampard, and available at FlightSim.com: http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kdl/main/18/furycuda.zip?m6xzo024

K5054NZ

Just wanted to BUMP this one as today my Hobbycraft 1:48 Fury arrived (thanks, Ron!) so Barracuda will soon be underway.

sotoolslinger

Cool Mr. Zac ;D :thumbsup: Glad you got her. Got to keep the geniuses supplied :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

K5054NZ

;D Cheers guys! And thanks a million again Ron for donating the kit!

Tonight is my 21st party so no modelling, but I did lay in bed fondling the plastic last night  :blink: should be a good build.

One part of any "R/W" build is references. Luckily I can get shots of Barracuda from any angle in flight sim, but this is what I'll print out as a quick desk reference:

Will start building if I regain consciousness tomorrow.

KiwiZac

Jeez, nine years ago? I'm rather embarrassed. Since K5054NZ is no longer and I can't replace the photos in the original posts, here they are again:
cuda by Zac Yates, on Flickr
The preview image of the plane you see when you download it.

cudafs by Zac Yates, on Flickr
The desk reference in my post above to help with painting.

Forget 1/48 and a bunch of cutting and sanding (unfortunately, to my shame, I ended up selling the kit Ron so graciously sent to me) as I've found Barracuda was a simple repaint of a flight model of Critical Mass. CM retired in 2006 and had been restored to full stock condition - first flight was two months ago - so the most radical Sea Fury is no more.

A very cool thing about Critical Mass is that High Planes Models make a few 1/72 kits of her and her Blind Man's Bluff guise. I imagine you can see where I'm going with this ;-) I can't remember the speed of postage from Singapore to New Zealand...
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

KiwiZac

MODS: is it possible to have this moved to the Aircraft subforum?
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Tophe

It is pleasant to see these pictures again, thanks! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]