AH-1 Super Cobra MACRO MACHINE - U.S. Marines

Started by TheChronicOne, April 28, 2019, 03:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

This is a simple scheme swap. I built the Italeri kit OOB and just painted it differently. What makes this one kind of neat,however, is that I "flipped the script." Instead of modelling something larger, I modelled something smaller. In this case, it's an old Micro-Machines toy helicopter. It was one of my favorites as a child because I thought the paint was neat.

Sorry for no build thread this time but I've gathered up some finished pictures of my project:

Hope you like it!  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Very cool ! I would play with either one. The Micro Machine is probably more durable for a kid tho lol. Pretty sure I have that one floating around somewhere as well.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Thanks!!  Micro Machines were definitely cool little toys. They obviously made an impression on me.
-Sprues McDuck-

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 28, 2019, 06:09:02 PM
Cool colour scheme!  :thumbsup:

Second that. Reminds me a bit of the Iranian Navy livery, e. g. used on the Seakings.

loupgarou

Did Iran copy the micromachines or the opposite?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks y'all!!! Looks like the Iranians decided not to weather their helo, - for shame!!!  :wacko:   ;D

Seems like I had 2-3 other Micro-Machines that I thought would be neat to model. Might have to repeat the whole "Macro" thing again in the future. It was a nice break from the usual bit of modeling that normally goes on.
-Sprues McDuck-