Navy Zwilling jets

Started by Tophe, April 12, 2019, 06:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I have received the kit of 1/350 US Navy jets, and I plan to build A-7Z, A-6Z, F-14Z, F-18Z, S-3Z
They would be "half normal" double planes, like port normal and starboard modified/improved.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

I forgot to say: this is a Tamiya kit with 10 aircraft included per kit:

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on April 12, 2019, 06:07:14 AM
I plan to build A-7Z, A-6Z, F-14Z, F-18Z, S-3Z
They would be "half normal" double planes
This is a preview of my project for the F-18Z: normal on one side and canard on the other side:

Tophe

And here is the project for the F-14Z:

Tophe

The F-18Z is "on her way to be a woman" Real plane true plastic model...

Tophe

And seriously taking shape (at her tiny scale of 1/350)...:

Tophe

With the help of five dozen workers (hard workers, like ants), the F-18Z prototype is now achieved, ready for paint...

Tophe

HELP! :unsure: A complete mystery happened at home: the F-18Z has disappeared! Nobody in the family saw her anymore, and I have no animal (that could have stolen her), so... it seems she has flown away by herself alone... This is just impossible, unless here is a dream and I will wake up.
I am not joking. She was standing on the table, at 5 inches from the end of it, and nothing is on the floor either, nobody in the family has an explanation. As if she took off and reached liberty... Incredible for a Tamiya plastic model without engine nor landing gear...
Ahem, well, there was no big need of paint, grey is OK and there was no putty different color, maybe I will just photopaint black canopy on the previous picture and say this is the final aspect. Not after death but after disappearance. Is she Jesus Christ? Maybe... (I am a little surprised anyway) :unsure:

kerick

Go looking for something else and your phantom aircraft will appear! Well, Hornet aircraft anyway....... Always works for me.  :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Thanks for the psychological support... ;)
Maybe she has gone to Heaven and will come back on Earth in 2 days...
In the meantime, here is the final picture of Saint-Twin-Hornet:

Tophe

Quote from: kerick on April 22, 2019, 08:20:50 AM
Go looking for something else and your phantom aircraft will appear!
Thanks! The incredible miracle has happened! My 9 y.o. son found it again! Inside the adhesive tape roll under a hammer! Great! :bow:

kerick

Poltergeist?!!!!!

I have a few of these jets in the stash. I might give it a try.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Quote from: kerick on April 22, 2019, 12:50:59 PM
Poltergeist?!!!!!
Maybe, yes (even if I heard no sound - but I am a little deaf...) :-\ ;D

Tophe

Ahem, with my big fingers, it is less easy to colour canopies than with computer at 1600% zoom...

Tophe

Here is the final model with the hiding elements, away from her now: