Anigrand 1/72 VC-10 - BA

Started by sykotik, March 29, 2019, 01:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sykotik

Hi guys

This is my second to last project for a while before I take a much needed modelling break. I've had this in the unfinished pile for ages and decided to get it done. It was originally going to be in the RAF 20th Anniversary scheme but I got tired of looking at BOG, so I decided to liven it up somewhat into this. I went with the Landor scheme as I thought it would suit it nicely.
I used a custom mix of paints and the decals are a mix of Draw Decals for the BA writing, 26 Decals fir the windows and a friend of mine did up the tail logo from an image I found. Kit very kindly offered to do it for me, however, my other friend jumped in and completed them for me
I had to do the doors myself using a custom mask based on the dimensions of the 26 set (British Caledonia). They aren't the best but they'll do

Anyways, enough talking, here it is - my Landor VC-10:

That's it for now, but thanks for looking
Si

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

Nicely done, and that scheme suits it very well.

PR19_Kit

What Harro said, the Landor scheme REALLY suits the Ten, and you made a superb job of it too.  :thumbsup:

Sad that BA canned them all before they introduced the Landor scheme. You've inspired me to do the same with one of my many 1/144 Tens.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

Not usually a fan of civil birds, but this work is fantastic! Well done, good sir!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Dizzyfugu

loupgarou

Congratulations, fantastic job.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Paper Kosmonaut

Nicely done! The VC-10 is a pretty plane.
dei t dut mout t waiten!

sykotik

thanks guys - I knew it would be received well and appreciated here. I posted this on another site and despite over a 50 views not one person posted a thought on it. Unless it has a F in front of it and carries weapons, they aren't interested. I don't know why I bother posting anything there.
Anyways, thanks again for the positive feedback fellas   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: sykotik on March 29, 2019, 07:08:43 PM
thanks guys - I knew it would be received well and appreciated here. I posted this on another site and despite over a 50 views not one person posted a thought on it. Unless it has a F in front of it and carries weapons, they aren't interested. I don't know why I bother posting anything there...

Their loss.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Hmm, it's picky, but I dare to ask: is the BA emblem on the tail fin somewhat tilted backwards? Shouldn't the waterlin between the white and the upper blue section be parallel with the spine?  :o

Neverthless: awesome work - this thing must be HUGE!

sykotik

You're quite right it should be, but I painted it before I stuck the tail on and it was level but until you pointed that out, I forgot that the tail sat at a slant. Whoops  :banghead: Nothing I can do about that now.
It is rather on the large side I must admit  ;D

kitnut617

I didn't want to say anything because otherwise it's a superb job. I hope I can get the Airways Vacuform 1/72 kit I've got anywhere near as good
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike