F-16G "Packer Attacker"

Started by seadude, March 10, 2019, 11:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Chicago Bears fans beware! There's a new offensive weapon in the Green Bay Packers football lineup! The F-16G "Packer Attacker"!   :tornado:
The story of this humorous model subject started on Facebook in early February 2019. A fellow modeling friend had posted an F-16 model in a blue and yellow early retro 1930's paint scheme. I liked it so much, that I began to wonder about adopting a similar scheme for a future model project.  :rolleyes:
Although I liked the yellow on his aircraft, I did not want the blue and began to wonder what I could replace it with? It didn't take long before I realised that a really unique scheme would be the green and yellow colors of the Green Bay Packers football team. After all, I have been living in Wisconsin most of my life and the color scheme was a perfect fit. But now, you must be wondering, Why an F-16 fighter? The 115th Fighter Wing is a unit of the Wisconsin Air National Guard which is based at Truax Field in Madison, Wisconsin and currently flies F-16 Fighting Falcon jets. The model kit I used for this project is the FUJIMI 1/72 scale F-16A/B.
Main aircraft colors, and AIM-9 & AMRAAM missile colors:
Vallejo Model Color # 70.970 Deep Green
Vallejo Model Color # 70.948 Golden Yellow
Testor Model Master acrylic Flat White

The armament is a mixture of spare kit parts and also from 1/72 scale Hasegawa Weapon sets. GBU-10 laser guided bomb under left wing and JDAM bomb under right wing painted normal bomb colors with Testor paints. External underwing fuel drop tanks painted and decaled to look like footballs. Centerline ECM pod and the LANTIRN Targeting & Navigation pods were from a Hasegawa weapons set and painted normal gray colors.

No model kit manufacturer or model aftermarket accessory manufacturer makes NFL themed decals. In order to get the Green Bay decals in the size I needed for this 1/72 scale model, the only available decals I could find came from Amazon and are women's fingernail decals. All other non-Green Bay decals are spares from extra model kits at home.

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

The Rat

Somewhere, Bart Starr is smiling!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

seadude

Quote from: The Rat on March 10, 2019, 11:49:47 AM
Somewhere, Bart Starr is smiling!  :thumbsup:

Or Vince Lombardi or Curly Lambeau.  ;)
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

Cobra

Awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm a Big Packers Fan,this is Super Cool & Well done! What Paints did You use? Have an Idea involving a C-130 & the Packers planned! Thanks for Posting. Dan

seadude

Quote from: Cobra on March 10, 2019, 02:47:00 PM
Awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm a Big Packers Fan,this is Super Cool & Well done! What Paints did You use? Have an Idea involving a C-130 & the Packers planned! Thanks for Posting. Dan

Main aircraft colors, and AIM-9 & AMRAAM missile colors:
Vallejo Model Color # 70.970 Deep Green
Vallejo Model Color # 70.948 Golden Yellow
Testor Model Master acrylic Flat White

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AeroplaneDriver

Not a huge Packers fan (Go Panthers!  Keep Pounding!), but they are not a team I hate by any means.  Love this build!! 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

If there was still a William Tell meet I could see someone showing up in one of these!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

seadude

Quote from: zenrat on March 10, 2019, 04:43:59 PM
There's a GB in this...

A group build? That'd be sweet! All sorts of sports team themed models. Wicked!  ;D

AeroplaneDriver

Back before our merger with American, USAirways had an Airbus painted in the colors of the NFL teams from our hub cities...we had Panthers, Eagles, Steelers, and Cardinals airplanes.  I hate that they dropped those schemes after the merger...but I guess someone realized if we had a Chicago Bears airplane it would keep getting intercepted...   ;D
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

KiwiZac

Brilliant. I had no idea what to expect from the topic title but this is brilliant. I love the schemes for the drop tanks!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Scotaidh

Quote from: Cobra on March 10, 2019, 02:47:00 PM

What, is the team going to parachute down into the Superbowl?  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

Uh, that's bright!  <_<

The drop tanks are cool.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Certainly works for me and I'm no American Football fan so had no idea what to expect.

Now got me thinking what one would look like in CPFC colours - come on you Eagles  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.