1/72 JASDF F-35X

Started by sykotik, March 07, 2019, 11:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sykotik

hey guys

I have been playing around with this F-35 for a few weeks now in between another project I have been tinkering on which will also soon be finished.
I've often thought the F-35 was pretty ugly and so decided that I may have to do something about that. I'm not sure it's as pretty as it could be, but I am happy with it

I've reversed the wings and made them out of sheet styrene. I added some canards because canards are cool and reversed the tail fins I also added some body panels which you can't really see under the paint. The decals are from an F-15 kit I had lying around except the roundels which I painted on

It was just a fun project to help try lift my stymied modelling mood of late.

Anyways, tell me what you think - good or bad

thanks for looking guys
Si

Dizzyfugu

I like it, esp. the white trim.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Very good.  Particularly the paint job.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Scotaidh

Nice!  It'll fit right in with all those Gundams they have flying about.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

chrisonord

That's Bob on is that
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

tanktastic43

Great paint.

Well done.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

gets a big  :thumbsup:  here as well
the whole look is something just right
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

dwomby

What an amazing transformation.  Much more exciting looking than the standard F-35.

David

McColm

comrade harps

Stunning!  And visually arousing  :mellow:
Whatever.

sykotik

thanks for the kind posts guys
There's a lot of things I would do differently if I were to do it again, and I may have done them on this one had I not begun to become super impatient with it.
I'm much happier so far with my other side project which I've been sitting on for ages - it's looking really good so far but it hasn't exactly been smooth sailing. However, I'm not going to build that one up just yet in case I put it back in the cupboard 

Old Wombat

Cool! :mellow:

Love the concept & the colour scheme! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

leptiprince

leptiprince