Started by The Chaos, February 27, 2019, 01:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

on the Bence, a E-100 with V-1

1 SStepp

I musst a little filling and sanding on the V-1

I make new Rivets

zenrat

Mmmmmmm, rivets.  I love some rivetty goodness.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Someone had posted that kit on another forum, I had commented that it wouldn't work like it shows. An V-1 has to be doing over a 100mph before the motor would light up. It has a pulse jet engine and is the reason they were launched from very long ramps ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

Ssssh, it's OOB whifworld. And a German "Wunderwaffe", too!  ;)

Besides, I always wondered when I looked at these ModelCollect missile launch combos, WHY should an expensive and (very) heavy battle tank hull be sacrificed for this task?  :unsure:

scooter

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 27, 2019, 06:46:50 AM
Someone had posted that kit on another forum, I had commented that it wouldn't work like it shows. An V-1 has to be doing over a 100mph before the motor would light up. It has a pulse jet engine and is the reason they were launched from very long ramps ----
RATO bottles?

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 27, 2019, 06:48:42 AM
Ssssh, it's OOB whifworld. And a German "Wunderwaffe", too!  ;)

Besides, I always wondered when I looked at these ModelCollect missile launch combos, WHY should an expensive and (very) heavy battle tank hull be sacrificed for this task?  :unsure:

Long range fire support for the Ratte?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kitnut617

Quote from: Flyer on February 27, 2019, 07:47:39 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on February 27, 2019, 06:46:50 AM

I've watched some youtube vids recently of R/C pulsejets, they get started with compressed air and continue to run while stationary once started...

That would work if the compressed air was continually fed into the pulse jet. Air has to be rammed through the device to make it work ----

Dizzyfugu

The issue with the V-1 launch is not getting the engine started - once the burning cycle was started the engine ran by itself. But the thrust was only enough to keep the thing in the air and at cruise speed. For the launch, a (steam) catapult was needed. Maybe some RATOs attached to the tail would make the arrangement more plausible - and these were available, e. g. as booster for the Ba 349 Natter interceptor.

kitnut617

Yeah! something like a ZELL boaster to get it up to speed

zenrat

Maybe The Chaos needs to build a second tank carrying the really big leaf blower they used to get the pulse jet started?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Scotaidh

Shoot, just rig up a steam generator as part of the tank engine's cooling system.  Then all you need is a ramp/launching rail carrying a narrow high-speed conveyor belt with one big muckin' paddle on it to engage with a launching lug on the underside of the V-1.  Arrange for a water buffalo towed behind the re-load truck, and you could make the steam system a total-loss system - no need for a condenser. 

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

kitnut617

The Chaos

Update.
I make the lauchbas longer

and i make a Buster für the V-1

rickshaw

The Americans used JATO bottles to launch their Loon copies of the Fi103.  While they used ramps as long as the Fi103 (IIRC 25 or 50 metres, can't remember which), they were more economical than the steam catapults the Germans used, which used Hydrogen Peroxide to power them.   I'd suggest upping the number of JATO bottles to launch from a shorter ramp.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

The Chaos

zenrat

Fred