Old Wombat's (possible) Scale-o-rama Builds

Started by Old Wombat, February 09, 2019, 08:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 24, 2019, 05:43:51 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on February 24, 2019, 01:17:55 AM
the 1:35 pilot stands between the twin tails surfboard style  :thumbsup:
you use a thumb controller and an attached cable like they do on jet skis   :wacko:

Stop giving Zenrat ideas  ;)

Remember the Green Goblin from Spiderman?

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

butbut,but

as Willy Messerschmitt said,  Pah " ideas are as common as black berries "  :thumbsup:
some one else also said,   " Ideas are not like apples, if you have an apple and I have and apple, if we swap, we still only have one each,  but if we swap ideas, we each now have two"   :thumbsup:

any time I give some one else an idea, I add to things  and that's beyond awesome  ;D
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Steel Penguin on February 24, 2019, 01:06:33 PM
butbut,but

some one else also said,   " Ideas are not like apples, if you have an apple and I have and apple, if we swap, we still only have one each,  but if we swap ideas, we each now have two"   :thumbsup:

any time I give some one else an idea, I add to things  and that's beyond awesome  ;D

I like that way of thinking, keep it up!   ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

zenrat

Quote from: Steel Penguin on February 24, 2019, 01:06:33 PM
butbut,but

as Willy Messerschmitt said,  Pah " ideas are as common as black berries "  :thumbsup:

:unsure:

Power (Anti grav surf) Boards in the future of Judge Dredd have a foot pad throttle and everything else is done by the surfer shifting their weight.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

I have had a hankering to do a Sky Surfer for a while, now...
Dredd-style, not Silver Surfer.

I reckon a flying wing would also work as one of those Nausicaa-style flyers...

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 25, 2019, 09:28:54 AM
I have had a hankering to do a Sky Surfer for a while, now...
Dredd-style, not Silver Surfer.

I reckon a flying wing would also work as one of those Nausicaa-style flyers...

I've got a half built Gundam sky surfer on the shelf of procrastination.  It's stalled due to the PSR required on the board.
It could have fitted into both the Competition and F.MUM GBs except it's way way too far gone to be allowed.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

OK, so after a few rounds of micro-scale PSR I'm happy with where I'm at with the RQ-19A;

So, all I have to do now is settle on a colour scheme & break out the airbrush ... :unsure:

Of course, since my daughter moved back home, my garage is full of her house cr ... stuff & there's no room for my painting table in there. :banghead:

I'll sort something out soon, I've got four builds stalled because of this mess in my garage. Something has to give! :dalek:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

chrisonord

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this, they do make good drones, I have one stuck in the side of a stalled SHADO space craft.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

(Oops! Late reply!)

Thanks, other Chris! :thumbsup:

Almost done! :party:

Just gloss coated it. Decals, panel lines & semi-gloss coat to go! ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 18, 2019, 12:15:40 AM

Thanks, other Chris! :thumbsup:

Even worse at school, we had 3 Edwards' in class - no relatives - even the master's referred to us as "big", medium" and "little". I was "medium" or "middle" Edwards  ;D If that happened now the poor little so and so's would probably sue the school and win  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

OK, the Scaleorama bit is done! ;D

Not the best job I've ever done but not atrocious.

All the pieces in the images will be in the final diorama but not necessarily where they are (especially the remote control case, which will be in the vehicle that I haven't built yet - a laptop linked to the RQ-19A by a data cord will replace it).

The RQ-19A was a joint Lockheed/CAC/Rolls Royce (Aust) project to develop a stealthier reconnaissance drone for the military market.

RR(Aust) designed the small, powerful, high-bypass turbofan engines that can propel the RQ-19A at speeds over 1,000 km/h; Lockheed & CAC designed the fuselage & flight systems; & it is believed Thales are the principal contractors for the surveillance & ELINT systems. The UAV can be disassembled into 3 main pieces for truck or trailer transport.

Primary users are Australia (Army & RAAF), the United States (Army & Air Force), Israel & Canada.

Length:       3,745mm
Wing Span: 1,855mm
Height:       735mm
Speed:       585 kn (673 mph, 1,083 km/h) max, 260 kn (300 mph, 482 km/h) cruising
Range:       675 nmi (775 mi, 1,200 km)

Here are some images of an early RQ-19A in service with the Australian Army.
(Note: the large, pale roundels on the upper wing are an unusual feature & may indicate that this is a very early operational RQ-19A, with larger roundels being used for identification by friendly air forces.)

Other images:

Hope you can excuse the weak back story. :-\

kerick

Best use yet of one of those kits I've every seen! Nice job!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2