VTOF-16 Tailsit Falcon

Started by Tophe, January 16, 2019, 06:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

from http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,46069.60.html
Quote from: Tophe on January 12, 2019, 09:53:32 AM
My father sent me money unexpectedly for the new year, in case this is his last year (or mine) :-\
I ordered at Unicraft the Kogiken III twin-fuselage and the Mitsubishi Zero twin-boomer (radial Fokker D-XXIII), then a 1/144 F-16 to complete (I will turn it into a tail-sitter), and there was still a little money remaining: a Zwezda Ju-87 1/144. Thanks Daddy! ;D
The F-16 arrived first, sooner than expected, today:

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

I started immediately to build it/her:

Tophe

The worker Frank (Frankenstein?) Butcher came to the factory to help, and, uh...

Tophe

Tophe

The unfinished model is already stranding proudly on the "ground", like the tailsitter it will be... :unsure: ;D

kerick

This is very interesting, carry on!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Thanks!
After a first sanding, the fin is glued on (and this will stand solidly when dry):

Tophe

With tailplanes holding the other side, the model is almost finished... but the grey of the putty is not the grey of the plastic, so I will paint the model, yes.

Tophe

Starting to paint (except the left wing, to hold the model while painting):

Captain Canada

That's neat Tophe. The plane looks good like that ! Especially with that terrible joint they made for the fuselage halves
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Thanks!
Now the model is finished:

Tophe

PR19_Kit

Pretty darn smart, that one Tophe.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Thanks!
If you wonder how the jet flame goes out of the nozzle because there is no distance with the ground, there is an explanation, technical: this derivative of the old F-16 (circa 1975) is dated 2035 and turbojets exist no more at that date. The VTOF-16 is powered by mental force, aka The Force, without flame, and the air intake is remaining for the aircondition device for the pilot. All right? ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on January 30, 2019, 09:38:07 PM

Thanks!
If you wonder how the jet flame goes out of the nozzle because there is no distance with the ground, there is an explanation, technical: this derivative of the old F-16 (circa 1975) is dated 2035 and turbojets exist no more at that date. The VTOF-16 is powered by mental force, aka The Force, without flame, and the air intake is remaining for the aircondition device for the pilot. All right? ;D

Perfectly logical and straightforward Tophe.  :thumbsup: ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit