Quote from: Weaver on January 25, 2019, 02:00:25 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 21, 2019, 12:42:09 AM
Quote from: AS.12 on January 20, 2019, 07:40:48 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 20, 2019, 02:27:50 AM

And its RARE!!!!!!!!!

I'd snap it up if I were you...

:rolleyes:

;D

It's like those sellers who write GET YOURSELF A BARGAIN! and then set a reserve price...

I will never understand those who set a reserve on Evil-Bay.  Why not just set the amount you want to get as a minimum as the starting amount?

My MRCA is on the way.  I have a couple of possible wing doners in mind but no ideas on a colour scheme or user.

Because a lot of buyers rank-order their searches by price or price+postage with lowest first. That means that if you set a start price of £0.99 with a reserve of £10 instead of a start price of £9.99, you go straight to the top of their list.

Which gets them noticed, but does it help them sell?
(rhetorical)

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AS.12

Quote from: Mossie on January 25, 2019, 02:49:37 AM
First one's real world, both variations of white over green and white over grey:
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235006835-raf-winter-camouflage/

That's neat, I hadn't seen a Tornado in white before. 

Now, what if the twin-stickers had been delivered to the TTTE in trainer colours...?  Red-and-white or silver-with-dayglo?  Hmmm

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on January 24, 2019, 08:14:36 AM

I was a little surprised no RAF types were painted in WW1 schemes for the centennial last year.  Maybe an opportunity to correct that oversight?

Standard RFC/RAF schemes could be easy to do, some of the more spectacular dazzle schemes could be interesting to do  ;)

Got me thinking of a Luftwaffe machine in lozenge and I have plenty of lozenge transfers  :mellow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 25, 2019, 06:55:40 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on January 24, 2019, 08:14:36 AM

I was a little surprised no RAF types were painted in WW1 schemes for the centennial last year.  Maybe an opportunity to correct that oversight?

Standard RFC/RAF schemes could be easy to do, some of the more spectacular dazzle schemes could be interesting to do  ;)

Got me thinking of a Luftwaffe machine in lozenge and I have plenty of lozenge transfers  :mellow:

This one would make a Tornado look interesting...

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: AS.12 on January 25, 2019, 04:54:34 AM

Now, what if the twin-stickers had been delivered to the TTTE in trainer colours...?  Red-and-white or silver-with-dayglo?  Hmmm

Or silver with yellow stripes?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AS.12

Your username just made me think of a GR.1A in PRU Blue.  Completely inappropriate for the low-level role of course, but we'll not mention that.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: AS.12 on January 25, 2019, 11:23:44 AM

Your username just made me think of a GR.1A in PRU Blue.  Completely inappropriate for the low-level role of course, but we'll not mention that.

And why not? With a RAPTOR pod and extended wings you'd be right on the money.  ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: AS.12 on January 25, 2019, 04:54:34 AM
Quote from: Mossie on January 25, 2019, 02:49:37 AM
First one's real world, both variations of white over green and white over grey:
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235006835-raf-winter-camouflage/

That's neat, I hadn't seen a Tornado in white before. 

Might look a bit like the prototypes:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

AS.12

That first photo really emphasises how compact was the Tornado.  Actually a few centimetres shorter than a Jaguar or an F/A-18.

Weaver

Here's a thought: what if the RAF never imposed it's 'only one display team' rule back in the 1960s (or subsequently rescinded it), but instead allowed each 'community' to form one display team each? You'd then have a Gnat/Hawk display team, a Jaguar display team, a Harrier display team, a Phantom display team, a Lightning display team and a Tornado display team (possibly two teams: one for the GR.1 and one for the F.3). They wouldn't all be the same size: the Red Arrows would be the 'national' team with nine aircraft, and the others would have less aircraft, the bigger and more expensive they are (maybe four or five for the Phantom/Tornado).

If the object was to help sell British hardware, then maybe they wouldn't have a Phantom team, and the Jaguar and Tornado teams would be international. That would be 'interesting' to organise: the Tornado one would be relatively easy if you ran it out of the TTTE, but the Jaguar one might get 'frosty' when French attitudes to Jaguar sales became clear... :o

Anyway, for the purposes of this TB: why not do your Tornado in 'Team Tornado' display team colours. :thumbsup:

Quote from: AS.12 on January 26, 2019, 12:28:50 AM
That first photo really emphasises how compact was the Tornado.  Actually a few centimetres shorter than a Jaguar or an F/A-18.

Yes, that needs to be born in mind when comparing it unfavourably to the F-111, Su-24 or F-15E. It might get spoken of in the same breath as those aircraft, but it's really much smaller. In terms of weight and size, it's more akin to a slightly enlarged MiG-27 with two-seats and fancier avionics.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

zenrat

I'm toying with an ARDU Fanta Can theme for my non-swinging MRCA (basically the prototype scheme with orange instead of red and RAAF roundels).  But I also want to load it up with a shed load of ordinance so I might go a different way.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..