FW190A8 - Finished pics pg 3

Started by zenrat, December 05, 2018, 01:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

zenrat

Thanks Jon.

Cocktail anyone?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Undercarriage and doors are attached and today I glued on the canopies.  It's amazing how that one action changed it from looking like a partially built model to one that is nearly completed.
Just the prop, spinner and fan to add and then some touching up and very minor weathering.  Painting the prop is giving me some issues as my last remaining can of silver car touch up paint is spitting small blobs of paint.  I'll have to sand it back and go to plan C.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

Looking very good - I can imagine it flying formation with my orange Jägermeister He 100... causing serious headache the next day.  ;)

zenrat

Fred

Weaver

"The Spirit of Competition" eh?  :wacko:

Looking good... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

zenrat

FW-190A8 Martini Racing.

Following Hitler's assassination and the ensuing armistice surplus Luftwaffe aircraft were sold to the highest bidders.  Many single seat fighters ended their days on the popular international Air Racing circuit.
With nitrous oxide injection as standard from the factory the FW-190A8 proved successful in those classes where chemical supercharging was allowed.  Modifications from stock varied between racing teams but all included lightening by removing all military equipment including radios.
FW190 Martini Racing 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
FW190 Martini Racing 09 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
FW190 Martini Racing 04 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model
Eduard FW-190 A8 Grunhertz Dual Combo release (includes etch & canopy masks)
Gun bulges sanded off and barrel holes filled.
Wings & tails clipped.
Home made decals.

FW190 Martini Racing 18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Very smart indeed Fred!  :thumbsup:

'Any time, any place, any where..............'  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

major

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 24, 2019, 06:38:23 AM
Very smart indeed Fred!  :thumbsup:

'Any time, any place, any where..............'  ;D

You can just hear that tune going through your head when you look at it.  ;D

Image needed of it soaring across the skies of Monte Carlo, and the yachts below! 

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Very nice - simple and effective.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Thanks folks.

I'd forgotten the old TV advertising.  Joan Collins & Leonard Rossiter?

<edit - oops, no.  That was Cinzano>
Fred

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '