Author Topic: Airfix Advent Calendar 2018  (Read 919 times)

Offline Nick

• What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Airfix Advent Calendar 2018
« on: December 01, 2018, 03:07:35 am »
It's that time of year again. The Airfix Advent Calendar has returned and there are chances to enter competitions for shiny kits  :lol:

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Something I didn't know about was the annual Airfix Calendar - you can download box art for the wallpaper on your PC.
https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/downloads/view/index/cat/39/

Offline zenrat

• What Would Deadpool Do?
Re: Airfix Advent Calendar 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 03:27:58 am »
Thanks Nick.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

"...the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline Weaver

• I'm either dumb or evil - you decide.....
  • What-IF SIG
  • Has a life outside What-If that is also What If
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 05:14:57 am »
Today's competition prize is a 1/24th Car Door Typhoon. Love to see someone whiff that.... :o
Neophyte: Is Eris true?
Malaclypse the Younger: Everything is true.
Neo: Even false things?
MtY: Even false things are true.
Neo: How can that be?
MtY: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Principia Discordia

Twitter: @hws5mp
www.minds.com: @HaroldWeaverSmith

Offline zenrat

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 03:24:52 am »
Today's competition prize is a 1/24th Car Door Typhoon. Love to see someone whiff that.... :o

Deal.  When I win it, i'll whiff it.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

"...the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline Weaver

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 04:05:59 am »

Deal.  When I win it, i'll whiff it.

Although given how slow Airfix are to get product to Aus, you may be dead before you get it. If you're really unlucky, you may be dead before you find out you've won it... :o
Principia Discordia

Offline Weaver

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 04:28:29 am »
Today's door is another competition: tell them in 75 words on their forum "How Airfix, and scale modelling, help you and your family enjoy the festive season?" to win an RAF100 gift set.

Since my honest answer would be something like "it helps me to ignore the fact that the ones who aren't dead hate modelling and never even try to buy me anything model-related", I think I'll pass.... :rolleyes: ;D :wacko:
Principia Discordia

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 06:44:06 am »

Something I didn't know about was the annual Airfix Calendar -

I get it in the post every year as a Magazine subscriber. Still get my "Legends of WWII" calendar from the Calendar Shop though, even if just for some of the fantastic art work  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline KiwiZac

• The Zac Attack is Back!
  • aka K5054NZ, proud Whiffer since 2005
    • Zac on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 11:35:24 am »
I didn't win the Sea Fury on Twitter, so that's Christmas ruined for me.
I find it very hard to believe Academy would make a mistake like that he said sarcastically...

Offline Rheged

• Growing older is inevitable, growing up isn't!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 12:28:04 pm »
Today's door is another competition: tell them in 75 words on their forum "How Airfix, and scale modelling, help you and your family enjoy the festive season?" to win an RAF100 gift set.

Since my honest answer would be something like "it helps me to ignore the fact that the ones who aren't dead hate modelling and never even try to buy me anything model-related", I think I'll pass.... :rolleyes: ;D :wacko:

Rheged family had a Me163 building competition last Christmas. I'd bought 5 of the 1:00 Lindberg kits at ?Home Bargains? when they ran that ridiculously cheap offer.   Each pack had 2 aircraft in it. All of us....self, Madame, No 1 son and wife and No.2 son all built one aircraft and painted it in "technically plausible" livery. You had from Christmas Day lunch until Boxing Day supper to finish; and the use of the Imperial "odd bits and pieces" box.  The younger Madame Rheged won  with beautifully designed Faberge Egg painted 163, allegedly for Goering's personal use!  Given Hermann's love of all sorts of bling, and his "If it flies it belongs to me" comment, this wasn't ridiculously far fetched.

If like me you have a family with a sort of inverted sideways view of reality, this is a fun sort of collective entertainment......but since it was Lindberg, Airfix wouldn't have been interested.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Offline Leading Observer

• Full scale Arrow in basement
  • Observation - The most enduring of life's pleasure
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 12:56:25 pm »
I didn't win the Sea Fury on Twitter, so that's Christmas ruined for me.

Me too! Perhaps we need to start a campaign "#metoo" Oops that's already been used :banghead:
LO

Forewarned is Forearmed

Offline Leading Observer

• Full scale Arrow in basement
  • Observation - The most enduring of life's pleasure
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 01:02:35 pm »
Did anyone spot that the snowman in the Advent calendar today were from the Scots Guards and Welsh Guards?
LO

Forewarned is Forearmed

Offline zenrat

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 02:21:56 am »

Rheged family had a Me163 building competition last Christmas. I'd bought 5 of the 1:00 Lindberg kits at ?Home Bargains? when they ran that ridiculously cheap offer.   Each pack had 2 aircraft in it. All of us....self, Madame, No 1 son and wife and No.2 son all built one aircraft and painted it in "technically plausible" livery. You had from Christmas Day lunch until Boxing Day supper to finish; and the use of the Imperial "odd bits and pieces" box.  The younger Madame Rheged won  with beautifully designed Faberge Egg painted 163, allegedly for Goering's personal use!  Given Hermann's love of all sorts of bling, and his "If it flies it belongs to me" comment, this wasn't ridiculously far fetched.

If like me you have a family with a sort of inverted sideways view of reality, this is a fun sort of collective entertainment......but since it was Lindberg, Airfix wouldn't have been interested.

Any pics?
Please and thank you.
Fred

Offline zenrat

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 02:29:16 am »

Something I didn't know about was the annual Airfix Calendar -

I get it in the post every year as a Magazine subscriber. Still get my "Legends of WWII" calendar from the Calendar Shop though, even if just for some of the fantastic art work  :thumbsup:

The 2019 calendar has, for one of the later months, a picture of a Concorde.  Does this mean a release is planned for next year?
A new mould is possible as there are some to scan but part of me is hoping this means they are going to widen their classic kits line to include aircraft.  Such as the Rotodyne.

Fred

Offline Rheged

• Growing older is inevitable, growing up isn't!
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 02:30:47 am »

Any pics?
Please and thank you.

Sorry, no pics, but I'm going down to Winchester to see the younger Rheged family on Monday. If Madame R junior still has the device, I'll take pics then. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Offline zenrat

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 02:33:24 am »

Any pics?
Please and thank you.

Sorry, no pics, but I'm going down to Winchester to see the younger Rheged family on Monday. If Madame R junior still has the device, I'll take pics then. 

:thumbsup:
Fred