AV-64F

Started by ssdunkel@me.com, November 29, 2018, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssdunkel@me.com

Ok everyone, this is a LONG term project that I just finished. It's been on my bench for just over 6 years...  :o

Imagine a USMC attack tilt-rotor, on the front line, that is what I was going for.

This started life as a 1-48 AH-64D and a 1-72 V-22.

Have a look and let me know what you think!

kerick

That looks insane! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
An attack tiltrotor is on my to do list but yours gives me huge inspiration.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

KiwiZac

Dear sweet lord, it's spectacular! WOW! My jaw dropped and my breath is taken!!!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Dizzyfugu

That's cool!  :wub:

Reminds a bit of the alternative design for the Mi-28 with two rotors (even though this was not a tiltrotor design)?

Excellent, and reminds me that I have something similar on the project list, even though with much different ingredients and another layout.

TheChronicOne

Wild, man, I dig it!!!!  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Very, very cool! :mellow:

Great build! :thumbsup:

My one (singular) concern is the weight distribution looks a little off, slightly nose heavy. I'm wondering if the shoulder should be further forward, starting just at the rear of the canopy.

Still, it's a very minor thing & possibly more about my perception of the mass distribution than anything else.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Very good.
:thumbsup:

I've seen few builds using 1/72 Osprey wings & tilt rotors.  What's happening with the left over fuselages?  I can envisage a small to medium transport plane.  Lockheed Viking wings maybe?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

That looks fantastic! It reminds me of the sort of thing you often see on Deviant Art.

Is that an F-22 nose?

Quote from: zenrat on November 30, 2018, 01:48:29 AM
Very good.

I've seen few builds using 1/72 Osprey wings & tilt rotors.  What's happening with the left over fuselages?  I can envisage a small to medium transport plane.  Lockheed Viking wings maybe?

Or a helicopter with Kaman egg-beater-style rotors...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on November 30, 2018, 02:33:32 AM
That looks fantastic! It reminds me of the sort of thing you often see on Deviant Art.

Is that an F-22 nose?

Very good.

Or a helicopter with Kaman egg-beater-style rotors...

Or a 'dyne.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Snap !!  Man of my own heart

Oh yes! I like that

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Snowtrooper

Love the concept. The sharp radar nose and the humpback somehow make it look more "aggressive" than either of the baseline models. Also like the small details like the sensors and antennae around the nose, IFR probe sticking out of the right "cheek", and white nosecones sticking out of the rocket pod.

McColm

Looks great apart from the nose.

jalles

Wow! That's magnificent, love it :wub:

As others have said, it reminds me of some projects that I have on the backlog.

And kitnut617 you have to finish that beast, it's looking most excellent.

chrisonord

Very good.

I built a V-22 fuselage with a single T tail and E-2C wings engines and props. I made as a naval light/medium transport plane
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

That would be cool!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise