DONE @ p.5 +++ Chardiv Laboratory of High-Speed Automobiles ChADI 9-II скорость

Started by Dizzyfugu, November 09, 2018, 09:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Preparations for #2 have started. I'll keep silent about my plan and leave room for speculations...  ;D

Ingredients raise new and troubling questions...
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

The ingredients raise new and troubling questions...  ;)

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on November 09, 2018, 09:49:14 AM
A flying tank?

Gondor

Or a turreted Mig.   Either way, It could be quite fascinating.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

jalles

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: jalles on November 09, 2018, 11:57:19 AM
Land speed record for a tracked vehicle???  :o

I'm betting (figuratively, not literally) on something like the above.

Probably the Fishbed fuselage with Panther tracks &, maybe, (part) lower hull attached.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: jalles on November 09, 2018, 11:57:19 AM
Land speed record for a tracked vehicle???  :o

The direction is correct, even though it is not that ambitious and exotic.  :thumbsup:

jalles

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 10, 2018, 06:08:48 AM
The direction is correct, even though it is not that ambitious and exotic.  :thumbsup:

This seems to have the right combination of insane and awesome to be a surefire winner!

scooter

Quote from: jalles on November 10, 2018, 06:18:55 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 10, 2018, 06:08:48 AM

This seems to have the right combination of insane and awesome to be a surefire winner!

So:  A tracked, jet-powered Lemons racer then?  Sounds like something Speedycop would do. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Well, the basic idea would certainly qualify for Lemons (at least the static display, not the endurance races). But the conceptual idea is: what came potentially after the "KhADI 9" high speed research vehicle?
I ma not certain how familiar the audience is with the history of the Land Speed Record, but exotoc high speed vehicles were not an exclsuive affair of the West. The Soviet Union also did experiments, and the

In the early Seventies, the institute's vehicle #9 materialized - actually a kind of private venture, driven by a former race car driver who had become a professor at the university:

It was developed by the Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University, powered by a single MiG-19 engine, but hardly ever exploited its potential because at first appropriate wheels and tires in excess for 300 km/h+ were not available, and the there was no suitable race track. The latter was eventually found in a dry salt lake, but - as one could think - KhADI 9 crashed and had to be written off:

There were many other (experimental) high speed vehicles built by ChADI (I am aware of 27!), but most of them were of smaller size and with combustion or electric engines.

However, what if the project had gained official attention and support, due to the prestige and buzz that comes high an LSR car...? This is what's on the bench next here. And it will be more that a MiG-21 without wings and some wheels stuck onto it, at least that's the plan for now.

zenrat

And the Panther?  Could it be providing high speed wheels?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..