2022 - Robert is back! - 1/24

Started by wacek85, October 13, 2018, 10:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

Hello,

When I've saw title of  this GB I was sure that I have to take that challenge :)

I'm a big fan of Robert Kubica - polish F1 driver. Now Robert is trying to get back to F1 after horrible accident. Sadly, there is no team that want to take the risk and contract him despite of his experience. Well, it's the time of paydrivers in F1...Still, I hope that we will see Robert on grid next year. I've decided to give him next-gen car sooner :)

When I bought Asurada AKF-11 from Cyberformula anime,  Aoshima 1/24 kit I known that I can finish it in only one way - 2022 season Robert Kubica's bolid, team Scuderia Ferrari :D

So these are sets I'm going to use:

s-l1600 by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

fdb407169b5979f32f142919243411ae by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

20341 ãã©ã¤ãã¼ããã±ã¼ã¸ by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

zenrat

Cool.
:thumbsup:

Be aware that the space allocated for the driver may not be big enough for an accurately scaled driver figure.  Some of these Cyber Formula kits come with driver figures and they are child sized (or under scale).
Still, i'm sure you'll manage to fit one in.

Can't wait to see this in red.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

wacek85

Quote from: zenrat on October 14, 2018, 03:16:34 AM
Cool.
:thumbsup:

Be aware that the space allocated for the driver may not be big enough for an accurately scaled driver figure.  Some of these Cyber Formula kits come with driver figures and they are child sized (or under scale).
Still, i'm sure you'll manage to fit one in.

Can't wait to see this in red.

I'm well aware of this fact :) Nothing that file and knife can't corrent :)

Dizzyfugu

Cool! Looking forward to this one!  :thumbsup:

wacek85

Let's get started...
First grid girl from Fujimi...well...she's definitely old school one :)

So I have to buy another figure...Masterbox's one:...Hoping for better face :)

Aoshima set is very good but details are minor:

Unfortunately I couldn't fit driver into cockpit - too long arms and no chance for make'em shorter. Not only shorter but also I would have to bend them in elbows which is...well...somewhere very near impossible :) So...I will put a standing driver near bolid. This is how cockpit looks. I will paint it this week.

Hasegawa F1 team set looks very promising, despite it's age:

wacek85

Painting is going very slowly but I want to achieve high shine so I'm airbrushing with very thin layers :)

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

I'm not sure that car fulfils the FAI's requirements that the driver's feet be behind the front axle's centre line. Actually I'm not sure ANY of the driver, apart from his/her backbone is behind the line!

Very exotic looking device though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

wacek85

Hello,

Well, Robert is signed as a Williams driver but I'm not gonna repaint anything :)
Figures almost ready:

I've received main decals, now I'm waiting for the small one with driver name :)

Painting, coating, polishing, repeat...

PR19_Kit

That's looking really good, especially the figures.  :thumbsup:

And it's wonderful news that Robert really IS driving next year, I do hope he has kept enough of his amazing skill that he showed first time around. Alonso reckoned Robert was the biggest threat to his championship efforts.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

wacek85

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 02, 2018, 05:35:18 AM
That's looking really good, especially the figures.  :thumbsup:

And it's wonderful news that Robert really IS driving next year, I do hope he has kept enough of his amazing skill that he showed first time around. Alonso reckoned Robert was the biggest threat to his championship efforts.

Robert is definitelly a very skilled driver, I don't know If there is any of this kind in whole F1 stake. And I don't think only about amazing skill. He talks to car and car answers. Others are using computers to understand an engine, he don't. Robert is just listening ... without other equipment. When you'll watch a movie linked below , you'll get what I mean. To be precise, when Robert started in WRC-2 rallies , he did great, sometimes beyond imagination. It looks like he wasn't using brakes :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7R6PdibLCM

wacek85

Two more decals with driver's name...

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

wacek85