Twin Tony.

Started by Zeke, August 31, 2018, 03:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Zeke on September 02, 2018, 09:09:38 AM

...what could go wrong?  :o

We could adopt that as a motto for the Forum.  ;D ;)

It looks VERY good though.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

strobez

Geez-louise.  A 1/32 scale WHIF... have I seen one of those before? I think not... wow. Fabulous job!
Thanks!

Greg

Zeke

Quote from: strobez on September 02, 2018, 02:51:50 PM
Geez-louise.  A 1/32 scale WHIF... have I seen one of those before? I think not... wow. Fabulous job!

Thanks for the complement...:) But I'm sure there have been other big-scale Whifs haven't there?... :o :unsure:

The story continues with some paint...first of all it's good old fashioned Halfords Primer...

This great for showing up all the bits that need extra TLC before the next layers go on...and believe me, there were a lot of bits to smooth over. Next is a single all over coat of the lovely Alclad 2 dark Aluminium.

I then added a few shaded bits with Aluminium and White Aluminium...all freehand, no masking yet, purely because I knew I was pretty much going to destroy the metal finish with the camouflage... :)

The markings were then masked and sprayed on, no decals for me just yet...

Notice the grey fabric covered areas on the control surfaces and the interior sand yellow for the undercarriage and the flaps. Not sure if Tony coukouring was quite like this but I wanted the contrasts to make it a little more interesting...

The came the really fun bit of adding the green squiggly camo pattern...all done with Tamiya IJA Green and a fine airbrush, over about 2 hours...man were my fingers cramped up by the end of it!... :o

I then stuck the decals to the tail...it's the special attack group for this one of course, sealed in with some clear varnish and then a huge overall application of brown oil paint to mess it all up and accentuate the recessed details...messy or what?... :rolleyes:

Once that was cleaned off oll that was left was to add the final few bits (HA Few my arse!) and a bits of pastel dust and dark brown matt enamel for the exhausts...

Stick the aerail wire on, spray the whole thing with some Alclad matt varnish and demask the cockpit for one complete Twin Tony...

And that's it from me for now. Hope you've enjoyed looking at this bit of madness...I know I had fun making it.  :thumbsup: :lol:
Even if I don't manage to post much these days, I'm always checking out the site and loving the work...so keep up the crazy stuff...cheers chaps!...

Steve
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

FAR148

Tophe

Congratulations! :thumbsup:
This seems easy, as you show it, but I am sure this is an illusion... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Doug K

kitnut617

Quote from: Zeke on September 02, 2018, 09:09:38 AM

Then it was on to that troublesome undercarriage. If I'd put more thought into the actual design and not just allowed my enthusiasm to get the better of me i'd have done a much better job.  :banghead: As it was, the original oleo positions made the track much too wide and it looks just plain stoopid!
This meant I had to find an emergency way of narrowing the track...I know, I thought, I'll use a cantilevered undercarriage...what could go wrong?  :o

You could have copied what Grumman did with the Bearcat    ;D (really need a whistling smiley here)  like Doug says --- awesome work though  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj6xCC3vues
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sandiego89

Stupendous!  Really well done.  Like the second cockpit faired over. 

And in 1/32 scale!   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

comrade harps

Awesome. and makes perfect sense:  :wub: :bow:
Whatever.

Doug K

Breathtaking work, and huge!

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

It really is an incredible piece of work  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.