Manned Sputnik -1/20 hasegawa conversn

Started by Liebemaister, July 30, 2018, 02:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liebemaister

Hi there,
Yuri Gagarin was the first man in the space?
Belive me he wasn't....
Recently I visited a wine cellar in Berlin in the East side of the city, by accident I was trapped ...the tour operator went out with the other tourists leaving me behind in the dark of the cave.
In the attempt to find the exit I tripper over a metal ring in the floor, I pulled it and I found a stair going down.
With my smatphone torc I went down and I found a room filled of documents of the former Democratic Republic...i heard voices from the cellar so i grabbed a bunch of paper and I exited the secret room.
It was the tour operator that rescued me from the wine cellar.
Once in the hotel I read the paper and ...

The first document I was able to read was  classified секретную информацию - Top Secret and dated 14 Octber 1958 :
In 1958 just after the successful launch of Laika on Sputnik 2 , Captain Segej Tokanov was selected for an other top secret space mission.

Sputnik 3 designed to host a human being was supposed to be shot in the space to do two complete orbit around the Earth and then to leave for deep space.
The veicle had not termic shield and oxigen just for 72 hours.
A no return ticket for Sergej that on October 10Th get on board of the capsule and successfully reach the orbital quote....

There was also a more recent piece of paper was a trascript from a radio telescope sited in Siberia:
а куда ты положила бутылку водки?
Where did you put the vodka?
there is a date : 14 July 1987

I took the cockpit of Camel Ma.k kit of Hasegawa and converted it in the Sputnik 3

NARSES2

That is fantastic  :bow:

Strangely I can still vaguely remember the nightmare I had after seeing the news about Sputnik on the BBC news - I was 5.  I know it involved a Sputnik landing and disgorging a load of armed men. Brings it all back  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Wonderful, both the idea and the modelling.  :thumbsup:

Was Sergei of Polish extraction? The Sputnik carries a Polish 'squarel' on its side panel........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Wow, that is fantastic!!! Great work!!!
-Sprues McDuck-

Mossie

Great stuff! :thumbsup:  That needs photoshopping and putting somewhere the conspiracy nuts will 'accidentally' find it. :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Liebemaister

The polish mark is a tribute to Katarzyna Kaczmarek one of the polish ladies truck drivers that during ww2 were incorporated in the 2 battle group during Italy liberation.
Katarzyna was member of Sputnik 3 project organizing logistics for the rocket components fromBaikonur Spacedrome to a hiden location in Siberia, she want to supervise
personally the last transport, but unfortunately a blizzard strom caugh the convoy during the route. Katarzyna and all the logistic team was frozen to death in few minutes...
again this from a footnete of one of the docs I manage to grab in the secret room.

PR19_Kit

Wonderful again. I was sure there'd be a sensible explanation for it.   ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit