Hawker Sea Fury Mk.X 2-13/N VB859 801 Squadron FAA HMS Implacable 1946

Started by Knightflyer, July 14, 2018, 06:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Well I'm fairly sure that this Whiff has been done a few hundred times before, but it's one I've always wanted to do, and after it's been sitting on the shelf for quite a while I've finally completed it.

So if the Sea Fury had been developed a little quicker and/or the Pacific War had continued a little longer, for your perusal gentlemen I give you the Hawker Sea Fury Mk.X of 801 NAS of the FAA on board HMS Implacable somewhere near Japan in 1946

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

I can see you're on some sort of Sea Fury thing right now.  ;D

That one looks very smart and WHOLLY believable too.  :thumbsup:

Which kit are you using for them?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 14, 2018, 11:45:42 AM
I can see you're on some sort of Sea Fury thing right now.  ;D

That one looks very smart and WHOLLY believable too.  :thumbsup:

Which kit are you using for them?

Would you believe both of these kits were started back in October 2017 and sat awaiting a mojo infusion to put the decals on for several months! :banghead:

They are both the PM Models kit (which I think Airfix also used?) Simple, but I like it!   <_<

I want to do one US-supplied Aircraft Pacific Fleet all-over Dark Blue ....the Sea Fury that thinks it's a Hellcat! ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on July 14, 2018, 11:51:43 AM

I want to do one US-supplied Aircraft Pacific Fleet all-over Dark Blue ....the Sea Fury that thinks it's a Hellcat! ;D

Ooooh yes, I like that idea.  :thumbsup:

How about the earlier version in the wonderful USN 'two blues and white' scheme too?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 14, 2018, 11:57:11 AM

How about the earlier version in the wonderful USN 'two blues and white' scheme too?

Now you're just causing trouble Kit!  :wacko:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on July 14, 2018, 12:36:12 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 14, 2018, 11:57:11 AM

Now you're just causing trouble Kit!  :wacko:

Absolutely!  :thumbsup:

But then OGL has always said it's all my fault anyway.  ;D

Regards
Kit

comrade harps

Works for me! Nice one.  :thumbsup:

Might have to work an FAA Sea Fury into my April 1946 invasion of Japan theme...
Whatever.

Old Wombat

As RAN Sea Furys flew in an overall dark blue at some stage of their career the only whif bit would be the US markings.

Giving them the US 3-tone dark-blue/mid-blue/white scheme would just add to it (& I, like Kit, really like that scheme ... although I haven't painted half my house in it, ever).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

One of my favourite aircraft. I like the way you've used the two tone upper colours with the BPF markings

I've done one of my Special Hobby ones as BPF in EDSG over Sky with the low demarcation line. An extended BPF scenario is fantastic for fitting in a few of those types that didn't quite make it. Once you get to 1946 the possibilities are fantastic. I've done a few of the possible types that didn't quite make it, most are on site, but still have a few I want to do.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 15, 2018, 12:01:30 AM

Giving them the US 3-tone dark-blue/mid-blue/white scheme would just add to it (& I, like Kit, really like that scheme ... although I haven't painted half my house in it, ever).

Go on, give it a try, you know you want to..........  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 15, 2018, 05:13:26 AM

Go on, give it a try, you know you want to..........  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

Only if I wish to reduce my life span significantly. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Knightflyer

As RAN Sea Furys flew in an overall dark blue at some stage of their career the only whif bit would be the US markings.

I'd forgotten about the RAN dark blue Sea Furies - any ideas why they changed the colour they operated in? Mind you the RN did also operate helicopters and COD Gannets in a dark blue (although I think for the helos it was a dark blue-grey?) and the AEW Skyraiders, but the later of course were US supplied.

You've all now got me checking my Sea Fury stash (11, including 2 T.20s  :o - some are actually destined for RW markings) but I actually have half thought out back stories to get the two possibilities mentioned above. So thanks for the inspiration and positive comments on this AND the Hamsin  ;D :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Makes me wonder if I can add a modified Fury (maybe with a Griffon) for the RAF Centenary GB, I have an Airfix kit someweher in the stash and some engine options...  :rolleyes: