Meng Merkava MK-3D with experimental barrel

Started by sykotik, July 13, 2018, 07:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sykotik

Thought I'd show you the end result - although the model isn't actually fully finished yet. However, due to my focus being on another project, this one is going to be taking a back seat for quite a while. I also had the camera out today so I thought I's nap a few shots while I had the time

Tell me what you think - good or bad. I'm on pull ups. I'm a big boy now  ;D

There's still a lot of paint touch ups to do and weathering the wheels, tracks and so on. I will get it done, I just don't know when.
Thanks everyone for the discussion. I found it very useful
Thanks for looking
Si

zenrat

So those are the B&W pics.  Where are the colour ones...
;D ;)

Awesome paint job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Brilliant! :mellow:

Awesomely fantastic, even! ;D

The colours give it a sci-fi edginess that suits the overall look of the Merkava & your advanced gun-system barrel perfectly. :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Absolutely fantastic job  :bow:

Please post a couple of pics when she's fully finished as I feel a Wiffiy nomination coming on  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 11, 2018, 02:22:30 AM
Please post a couple of pics when she's fully finished as I feel a Wiffiy nomination coming on  :thumbsup:

If not from you, then from me! :wub:

PR19_Kit

That's amazing, very futuristic and sci-fi looking.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

very nice  :thumbsup:
would love to see it, with a street behind it as well.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Vorcha

paper boy

sykotik

cheers lads. There is still a lot to fix up including the front where the body joins the hull. My body was warped and didn't fit properly and although I thought i had glued that part down pretty well, the pics show me otherwise
I will finish this off as there isn't much to do, but I've got caught up with my latest project - detailing the Zvezda Star Destroyer. Any one interested in a thread on that?

NARSES2

Quote from: sykotik on August 13, 2018, 04:35:17 AM
, but I've got caught up with my latest project - detailing the Zvezda Star Destroyer. Any one interested in a thread on that?

Just a few I would have thought  ;) ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

This is absolutely gorgeous.   Very nice job!   :wub:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Mossie

The combo of the barrel and the camouflage change the look completely, I don't be hard pressed to recognise it.  Fantastic work!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sykotik

Thanks guys! I will finish this off soon. I am planning to put aside a day or so in the next couple of weeks to get it finished. I'll update the pictures once it's done  :thumbsup: