Lightning-house

Started by Tophe, June 09, 2018, 10:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Far from models, always long to build, PSR, paint/dry/decorate, a drawing is usually done in minutes or hours, and that is not relevant for a difficult "one single week" GB, but... I may try to draw something I have not done yet because too long, too much complicated...
I have selected this subject (of drawing): a P-38 Lightning used to make a house (with vertical walls and all).
I will see what I will be able to "make" before this GB ends.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

The first step is not satisfying: having cubes obeying this slanting view makes a weird house, like 1/48 airplane on 1/144 house (for 1/144 human beings), while I don't want just a P-38 on top of a normal house. Work has to continue.

Tophe

A double height cures the scale anomaly:

Now I have to organize the booms as corners of the ceiling/walls, add Windows, doors...

Tophe

Tophe

Tophe

Finished... in less than one week, less than one day, less than one half-day...  :-\

zenrat

I think it might be because of the colours but it is making me think of the cartoon "Adventure Time".
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Thanks!

And... as the customer said "a biplane house is better for snow", a misunderstanding with the architect happened there:

TheChronicOne

Whoa!!!  Funky, I love it.

This is like house boats, but in the sky.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Thanks!

And the final block is: 38 & 40 Lightning Street, near the river:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..