F-16SN and F-29A

Started by Firefox, June 06, 2018, 04:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefox

They are 1/72 F-16 and X-29 from Hasegawa. Both are nice kits and I basically just swap the wings and fill any gap with milliput and sand them. To my surprise, X-29 with F-16 wings actually turn out quite good, though it looks a lot like F-20.

Background story for the F-16SN
It began as an experimental aircraft in forward swept wing research in a Navy program. After the program had ended it basically sit there for a while until an ace pilot suggested it to be the ultimate aggressor because of its super agility. It proved popular in Top Gun and only the best of the best could 'shot' it down.

Background story for the F-29A
In the alternate universe, world economy was in a much dire situation. Even many developed countries had a hard time to keep up the defence budget in an ever increasing unstable world. The only country that still could make tons of money out of arm sales was China due to its much cheaper price compared to the western counterpart. The US wanted a piece of the cake and came up with the idea of re-manufacturing the ancient F-5 with X-29 aft and the wings of the surplus F-16s. The only new is the super efficient engine that run on the much cheaper bio-fuel. It proved successful and even made way to some developed countries.

Dizzyfugu

The F-16 looks very good, even though the wings appear a little (too) far back? Excellent work, I have thought about something similar, too, since I have a spare pair of X-29 wings around... The simplified X-29 looks good, too, very subtle.

PR19_Kit

I REALLY like the forward swept F-16, it looks LOADS better than an RW one, but that's not saying much in my case as I detest the darn things.

FS Rules OK!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Firefox

Yes, the F-16SN does appear to be a bit 'under winged'. It would be better if the wing is a little bit larger

Tophe

My favorite is the F-16! :wub: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

A couple of nice models there sir  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Jesse220

perttime

F-16SN looks about right  :wub:
The airbrake / horizontal tail surfaces look huge. I guess that is the F-16 ones and then the ones from X-29 added.
I suppose moving the wings a little forward would be more balanced - but then you run out of space for the canards.

AS.12

That F-5 painted-up in F-20 demo colours would cause some head-scratching at a show.  There's something not quite right... but what...

TheChronicOne

:bow: :bow: :drink: :cheers: :party: :party: :party:

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
-Sprues McDuck-

Firefox

Quote from: AS.12 on June 06, 2018, 11:50:08 AM
That F-5 painted-up in F-20 demo colours would cause some head-scratching at a show.  There's something not quite right... but what...

yup, exactly the dilemma I was having  :banghead:

Glenn Gilbertson

A great pair - I especially like the quirky F-16SN. :thumbsup:

leptiprince

Super e F-16 SWF gives me another idea of ​​what if ....

More

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Jesse220