Polikarov I-15 Pro 30-ies Racer

Started by 63cpe, May 30, 2018, 02:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

I like to convert unlikely aircraft to racers now and then. This one started as an answer to: What if there was a special class for aircraft from "the golden age of air history"; The thirties? Maybe this series is called the pro 30-ies and was only qualified for racers with origins dating back to the 1930-ies. All mechanics had to be from the 30-ies, aerodynamics are allowed to be changed to contemporary and experimental standard.

I used parts of an 1/144 Henschel Hs 123 wing slimmed down, Arado 196 engine and a slimmed down Polikarpov I-15 fuselage.

IMG_4900 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_4901 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_4902 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_4903 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_4906 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_4912 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsonsspecial/albums/72157691529858890/with/28492518158/

Cheers,
David

Tophe

I clap my hands loudly... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I built an I-15 (or I-153), Heller 1/72, when I was a child, but I was so sad it had no canopy, like a face with no eye. You provided the cure: inventing a canopy! Great!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Fantastic.  Great inspiration for the Racing GB when it comes.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Very sleek and meaningful, and a super colour scheme too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Does look good, very art-deco. Looks like it should be in some 1930's made movie that's set in the future
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on May 31, 2018, 04:00:10 AM
Fantastic.  Great inspiration for the Racing GB when it comes.

Second that, I like it a lot, too. Bad timing, though!  ;)

63cpe

Thanks gentlemen,

Yeah timing is a bit off.. but plan to join in on the Racer GB anyway...with another entry offcourse. ;)

David