DONE - Mistercraft MiG-15

Started by Leading Observer, April 22, 2018, 10:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

Extracting the cheap/crude Mistercraft kit from the stash, work has started to make it into something resembling a MiG-15.

Not quite sure yet who the end-user will be ;D

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Leading Observer

:thumbsup: After reading another thread here, inspiration struck! I now have a camo scheme and outline backstory......
LO

The Wooksta!

Dear lord, whose molding is that?  I thought it may have been ye olde KP one - which despite it's age and general rivettyness was actually reasonably accurate - but that looks to be an utter abortion of a kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Leading Observer

I have no idea of it's origins, but the instructions bear absolutely no relation to the contents of the box
LO

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
^^^^^
(answering to last 2 posts)

Wait to see MiG-29.

But in MiG-19 and 21, iirc, they just cleaned KP mold and the result is farly acceptable.
Will die without understanding this world.

Leading Observer

Completed - a bit rough round the edges, but as I have an impending holiday, the best I could manage in the time available.

LO

AS.12

A Noggie Miggie!  I didn't expect that.

Stirs a memory about Finland being put under pressure by the USSR to take MiG-15s in the 1950s but they refused.  To the Flight archives!

Snowtrooper

Quote from: AS.12 on May 04, 2018, 10:42:11 AM
Stirs a memory about Finland being put under pressure by the USSR to take MiG-15s in the 1950s but they refused.  To the Flight archives!
In the 1950's it was actually the other way around; Finland made some tentative moves in 1954 to purchase MiG-15's to appease Soviet Union. When word of this leaked abroad and made it to the headlines, it was seen as proof of Finland sliding further into the Soviet camp. At this point in history, the local politicians still wanted to preserve a neutral image so the idea was scrapped and we purchased Vampire T.55's to supplement the earlier Vampire F.52's (both considered to be only trainers anymore) and later in the 1950's Gnats and Fouga Magisters.

However in 1962 the political climate had changed and politicians were in the delusion that "Finlandization" was a positive thing, so the USSR managed to pressure us to take MiG-21F's (after FAF had already chosen Mirage III; SAAB Draken in its 35A incarnation was seen as promising but unfinished, BAC Lightning was rejected as too short-ranged, F-104G and N-156/F-5A were rejected as politically unfeasible, and MiG-21F was considered to be unsuitable as a whole) - the deal however also included MiG-15UTI's (since a trainer 21 did not exist yet; 21U/UM trainers were however purchased later on).

AS.12

Thanks for the correction!  Great info

Found a snippet in Flight for 1953 that export price of a MiG-15 was about $155,000 / 56,000UKP and India was also considered a potential customer.

Jesse220

NARSES2

I wasn't expecting to see that in Norwegian markings either. Suits them and the camouflage scheme,  :thumbsup:

Co-incidently I've been thinking about something Norwegian lately as well, but it will be slightly earlier
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..