Breguet (Westland) Br.1070 Seche

Started by Bungle, April 06, 2018, 08:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Been working on this for a week actually - didn't know if the 'concept' would work. This will be the French version of a joint venture with Westland for a navy jet attack aircraft.

Pictures to follow maybe even a completed kit !
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

So after much fiddling the Breguet Br.1070 Seche (Cuttlefish)

Based on a Westland airframe..

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

Didn't have time to post the build thread so here it goes in retrospect.

The kit is a frogski Westland Wyvern (no !) bought off of ebay as complete. That is complete with broken undercarriage and missing the wheels hey he.

First job was surgery on the exhausts....

Same on the otherside (technical term) but here is a white metal nose cone from an su-7, I think.

Bungle

Added some bomb halves to give an indentation and the hollowed out the fuselage.

Note I reversed the prop shaft to give the nose cone something to attach to.

Bungle

A little paint  (Halfords primer)

and then add the cockpit - the seat is an Aeroclub white metal one

Bungle

Wings on !

and now some more paint again Halfords primer, underneath it is unpainted just dry bushed with a little silver and weathering

Bungle

A Satin covering and then some decals from the spares box

I added a needle for the pitot tube and some white metal undercarriage from the spares box. The arrestor hook is down because no matter how much lead I packed into the nose she still sat on her tail !

The Wooksta!

Not too far from the Avon powered Wyvern proposal, although the drawings for that are based more on the earlier Wyvern with the more squared off fin.  Don't think it would need the taller fin nor the finlets but hey, your model.

I think the white metal nose cone thing is the Aeroclub one for the Lightning.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Dizzyfugu

I like the tricycle arrangement. Works sursprisingly well.  :thumbsup:

AS.12

Good work!  Like it a lot.

I wonder how the nose would look if one continued the upper decking down to a Super Mystere-style ovoid intake. 

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Quote from: AS.12 on April 23, 2018, 02:02:57 AM
I wonder how the nose would look if one continued the upper decking down to a Super Mystere-style ovoid intake. 

IIRC, the Avon powered one used an early S2 fuselage with the engine in an extended nose.  The old Maintrack Wyvern TF1 conversion with a Matchbox Meteor NF11 intake is a good basis.  Would probably still have the dihedral tailplanes but no finlets.  ISTR a drawing of it in the Tony Buttler British Secret Projects Vol 3.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

There's something about a Wyvern that triggers the Whiffness in many of us.

Y'day at the MK Show we were right opposite the Coventry Club, and one of their members had 4-5 FAA 1/48 aircraft models on show, and his Wyvern TOWERED over the lot of them!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-