F-15N Sea Eagle, United States Navy

Started by TheChronicOne, March 26, 2018, 02:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 07, 2018, 05:34:14 AM
That, young Brad, is EPIC! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Couldn't say it better myself  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget to put it in the finished models section
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Will do (waiting on the Sun to peak out, if not, I'm going to just go for it sometime in the afternoon)    and many thanks, one and all.  I stoked you all like it!!!  This one was a ton of fun.  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

It scratched a couple "itches" as well. For some odd reason I don't have a 10th of US Navy stuff in my stash as I do air force. Not sure how or why but there ya have it...   so I was wanting to get a modern-era (say, vietnam era forward) USN build done and also wanted to build an F-15 for awhile now so they both came together into one tidy package. Some credit is due TallEng for the Wolfpack suggestion which, in my opinion, was where this turned into something much better than what I had initially planned.

Good stuff!!!  Now, USAF F-14A is going to have to come to fruition to sit next to it and whadda ya know, if I don't already have a spare kit for it and even all the stencils and common markings!  ;D ;D ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

sandiego89

Looks outstanding! Didn't think you would make the deadline!  :thumbsup:
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

TheChronicOne

Thanks, Dave!!!  There were a couple times I was worried there at the end. It took one hell of a day of work to make it. Sheesh!  Funny, the Soviet GB was the same... working on that one literally til the last minute. I stopped working on it 11:59, one minute before the deadline. This one was into the final 24 hours...   something about builds of this era.  ;D  :o 

Any how... its all stormy and just getting darker but the sun nearly came out for awhile and I managed some pictures. They're still crappy but a few turned out alright. I'm just not going to have sunny picture of this one I guess!  :o   Oh well.  Truth be told, the three I took last night a pretty decent. I don't care for the surroundings but the subject itself was in focus, etc so I guess It could be worse..   

-Sprues McDuck-

jalles

Wow! That's brilliant! Amazing how that two-tone navy scheme really sets the stage.  It's funny how that little IRST makes such a difference, I immediately think tomcat and navy.  Great job  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

That REALLY looks the part Brad, you think 'F-14' right away, and the lack of swing wings only dawns later on.  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I know one of the moderators quite well and I can assure everyone that being bone idle he is very unlikely to get his act together to slam the threads closed at the exact deadline...

;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 07, 2018, 10:00:01 PM
That REALLY looks the part Brad, you think 'F-14' right away, and the lack of swing wings only dawns later on.  :thumbsup: ;D

Thanks!!! That's the sentiment I was getting from a few people on Facebook as well. I'd say mission accomplished!! At first glance, it's a Tomcat.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on June 07, 2018, 11:48:58 PM
I know one of the moderators quite well and I can assure everyone that being bone idle he is very unlikely to get his act together to slam the threads closed at the exact deadline...

;D
;D ;D ;D

Here's the funny thing. I got to sitting around internetting and looking up stuff on the Flying Ram and I nearly forgot all about pictures and putting them in the finished builds thread!!  It struck me after lunch though and I got it done.  :o ;D ;D ;D   I wrote up some half-assed description as well. I'm not very good at that part.  :angel: :angel: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TallEng

Glad you got it finished :thumbsup:
It looks a cracking build especially in those Wolfpack markings.
Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

TheChronicOne

Quote from: jalles on June 07, 2018, 03:50:26 PM
Wow! That's brilliant! Amazing how that two-tone navy scheme really sets the stage.  It's funny how that little IRST makes such a difference, I immediately think tomcat and navy.  Great job  :thumbsup:

And to think, I nearly didn't bother with it!!  Thanks!!  Nearly didn't bother with the two-tone scheme, either, but tremendously pleased that I decided to go for it even with the extra time it took. 

Quote from: TallEng on June 09, 2018, 07:08:24 AM
Glad you got it finished :thumbsup:
It looks a cracking build especially in those Wolfpack markings.
Regards
Keith

Thanks, bud!!  Choice call, there!  Made the whole difference, decidedly. Sure gives "Jolly Rogers" a run for their money in the cool department. 
-Sprues McDuck-