F-14 Tomcat USN

Started by Ed S, March 01, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

I am ready to start on my USN F-14 Tomcat .  Pics later tonight or tomorrow.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Ed S

Quote from: ysi_maniac on March 01, 2018, 05:23:37 PM
Quote from: Ed S on March 01, 2018, 03:16:13 PM
... USN F-14 Tomcat ...

Is it RW?

Wouldn't be a WHIFF then would it?
Here'a quick photo. Got the cockpit assembled and started painting. Started glueing the fuselage togerther. This is the AMT 1/72 Tomcat which is not one of the better Tomcat kits. But I found it 2nd hand and cheap.

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Ed S

I guess I should have mentioned that this Tomcat is getting new wings

They are from a 1/32 Viggen that I got in pieces from a friend after it had an accident.

Ed

PR19_Kit

Oh yes!  :thumbsup:

A bit like that F-14XL image that was posted recently.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Ed S

Not the same. I've had these parts sitting around for a while until the right GB to use them.

Plus, I still have canards to fit to the Tomcat.

Ed

Jesse220

Steel Penguin

nice looking so far  :thumbsup:
that is a airframe with a lot of lift, that is  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Hey, nice idea!! I like it.
-Sprues McDuck-

Snowtrooper

Combining two of my favourite fighter jets? Are you trying to fix the vote or something? ;) Also, looks totally believable for a land-based Tomcat derivative :thumbsup:

KiwiZac

I was thrown by the topic title but now I'm excited!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Ed S

A quick update. The project is going well. Lots of PSR to make the wings blend with the existing fuselage.  Here's what it looks like as of this evening. The canards are just taped in place. I'm still working on the exact placement.

Ed

TheChronicOne

Cool, man! The wings are taking on a shape similar to that of the space shuttle.  I dig it.  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

jalles

Wow, that's looking wicked   :thumbsup: