OS2U-11 Kingzwilling 1/200

Started by Tophe, February 11, 2018, 06:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Maybe it is too late to enter this GB, during the extension time, without having started during the normal time. If so, please moderator, transfer it from the flying boat GB to the aircraft model picture part. I am not sure to finish in time as well.
I have ordered the 1/200 Riich kit with 2 copies of Vought OS2U Kingfisher + launcher. As I have no use of the launcher, I have given it to our expert ericr, living not far from me, and I planned to build a OS2U-11 Kingzwilling.

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

You've got 3 days 8.25 hrs to finish Tophe.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Thanks.
As there is quite a hurry, I have soon cut the wings and tailplanes and glued the zwilling in position:

Then, after a little drying, adding the putty (it will be a single-engined asymmetric twin-plane, with 1 sharp nose):

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

nice start !

Quote from: Tophe on February 11, 2018, 06:19:22 AM
As I have no use of the launcher, I have given it to our expert ericr, living not far from me

thanks again, I am about to use them !  ;)

Tophe

Thanks! ;)

The floats are now glued on, awkwardly, but probably I will not finish in time: I caught a cold, I am coughing, and my wife said I should no go downstairs on the model workbench during the forthcoming days...

PR19_Kit

You've got less than a day to go now Tophe, so you're very tight for time.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

This is not a proud race to victory, this is a shy race to participate... ;)

Painting the underside this morning:

Then before it is completely dry, adding paint this evening on the side above (when the flash makes it, I see many defaults, to be cured tomorrow, on the last line...)

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Tophe

I am surprised: in the rules is written:

"1.  Group Build runs from 00.01 Wednesday 1st November 2017 to 24:00 Wednesday 31st January 2018. (Extension to 14th Feb granted)"

This seems to mean 14th Feb at 23:59 is still OK. 30 hours from now, not 6 hours.

PR19_Kit

No, the time goes to 0001 on the 14th, see this thread :- http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44320.165.html

And post #170 says 'The GB end time will be 0001 LOCAL time on Feb 14th wherever you are.'

That means the GB ends in just under 2 hrs in the UK and under 1 hour in France.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

All right, so please move this topic outside the GB, into the Pictures/Aircraft part?
And no need for me to rush today into finishing, this is too late, all right. :-\ :-\

Tophe

Finished at last (4 days too last to participate... :-\ ):

japsubshunter

WOW ! It does give one a general idea of what can be done - now lets see the catapult for this baby.

Tophe

I gave the catapult to Ericr. See what he did with it at http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,40517.600.html (March 16 post) ;)