Focke Wolf FW190D9. Southern Air Patrol. Iron Knob Air Station.

Started by zenrat, February 08, 2018, 12:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Snowtrooper on February 08, 2018, 03:23:00 AM
"5 inch rocket pods"? Those are 70mm rocket pods - not only do the holes look a bit small for 127mm, but only the 70mm rockets are carried in 19-shot launchers - 127mm "Zuni" rockets are carried in 4-shot pods (2-shot pods, which were simply two tubes attached to each other and mounted on Sidewinder rails were also used in Vietnam by USMC F-8's and F-4's to launch Zunis).

Otherwise, nice work and a great concept :thumbsup:

Thanks.  I couldn't be bothered to look that up and went from memory.
Mea culpa   :banghead:  I'll amend the words.
:thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 08, 2018, 10:50:48 AM
Quote from: Tophe on February 08, 2018, 08:53:26 AM

I like the detail of the red color on one blade among three, is there an explanation about this?

Having single colour tipped blade draws the eye as it rotates better than having yellow or black and white tips on all the blades. Having the colour on all the blades tends to look like a blurred coloured ring when the props turning, whereas just one tip is much more noticeable.

RAF ASR helicopters in the UK had one yellow blade so they could be seen better from above is there was another chopper in the area. I assume the present day civvie ASR choppers have them too, and if they don't they SHOULD do!

What Kit said.  Although inspired by training aircraft rather than choppers.

Quote from: b29r on February 08, 2018, 09:05:30 AM
...Something else I have missed and still can't put my finger on . . . . over on HS I saw photos from a model show (can't remember when, where, or why CRS disease) and on the table was a fairly large what-if with ZI markings and what kind of looked like a Bristol Sycamore or some such for the forward fuselage??????  Care to reveal or admit to such a thing?  :wacko:  I can't find it now to save my life...

Ah, that sounds like 63cpe's International Harvester Transall.
A fine example of international cooperation.  I was proud to see my decals on David's amazing build.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 09, 2018, 12:13:30 AM

Ah, that sounds like 63cpe's International Harvester Transall.
A fine example of international cooperation.  I was proud to see my decals on David's amazing build.

What a SPLENDID device that was/is, a sort of Mega-Belphegor.  :thumbsup: ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

To me it looks as if it was from a Tintin story or some other cartoon, very good indeed. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

b29r

Thanks for that Fred, this is definitely worth the price of admission.  What a wonderful, weird project with an equally amazing story to go with it.  And you are the Master Accomplice! :mellow:

Question:  Are you marketing ZI decals around the world, or are you pretty careful to who receives them?   :wacko:

Thank you for looking that up, and most of all for making my day! 

Best regards,
Kem

zenrat

zenrat industries has plans for world domination (who wouldn't) but we are very carefull about who we form alliances with.
:mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..