Moska LeTe

Started by Tophe, February 07, 2018, 11:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I have felt Lucky finding this kit from Micro-Mir, 1/72: the twin-boom Moskalyov LT "(SAM-23)", I am not sure this is the right code.
Anyway my what-if project is a low wing derivative, I will see.

My airplane will be called Moska LeTe (sounding like Mos-Quality), in French Moska LiTé (like Mos-Qualité).
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

WHAT is that all about?  :o

And what's that pipe thingie sticking down from the nose with a wheel on it???
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

The pipe thingy was an idea that would enable the aircraft to fly at a stable, but very low altitude. It was linked to the aircraft's controls. A sort of cunning early Russian autopilot.  :rolleyes:
It might actually work over the vast miles of the Russian Steppes, but God help it anywhere else.  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Tophe

Thanks!
If I remember well, there was an article in Le Fana de l'Aviation about it, by Herbert Leonard, featuring a drawing of mine, but I do not find it on my computer.
Anyway, for the plastic part, my project of a low wing aircraft is doomed: the fuselage has such a shape that a lot of truncation/putty/sanding would be required, and I have not enough courage, sorry :-\

Tophe

Here is a biplane taking shape: the high wing covers the fuselage top hole and I didn't need the low part of those wings (this is a desk model, not a machine to fly), so they became a low wing, extra wing.

Captain Canada

That's looking good Tophe !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Thanks!

The booms and propeller are now prepared and this is not easy with this very small kit (1/72 not 1/44 but a very small airplane scale 1)
I consider making it a tractor propelled plane, not a pusher anymore (to be more and more what-if) ;)

Dizzyfugu

That's really tiny! Without the cockpit you could also make a modern day drone from it?

Tophe

Thanks for the idea. Well, I prefer a black canopy like a bird's eye. (My models of nowadays never have a clear canopy and pilot Inside, somehow all of them may be UAVs). Anyway I think I will paint the model all in sky blue then paint a black little canopy like 1/100.

PR19_Kit

That looks a LOT better than the one on the box lid!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Thanks a lot! (as far as I am concerned, I would just say mine is differently crazy...) ;D

Painting the underside:

chrisonord

Non of your builds cease to keep me guessing Tophe, you always have me sat here scratching my head and wondering where you are going with stuff.
In other words, keep up your brilliant of the rails work  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Tophe

Thanks a lot!

The side above is painted too:

Caveman

I know you don't like it. But that looks like a realistic little bipe :)
secretprojects forum migrant

sandiego89

Quote from: JayBee on February 07, 2018, 01:49:22 PM
..... A sort of cunning early Russian autopilot.  :rolleyes:

Wow, a new type for me, and love the "autopilot" idea.  Crazy. 

Might work for a WIG type as well...

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA