EE Sea Lightning- ski equipped *Finished*

Started by sandiego89, January 13, 2018, 05:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Quote from: Gondor on January 21, 2018, 10:43:42 PM
I had my doubts about this build at the start....

Gondor

So did/do I!  Pushing the envelope a bit.  Thanks

Have a livery in mind....

Hmm the old Frog Red Tops (dark blue) don't look too bad....Airfix Firestreaks in grey- without clear seeker nose.... but the over wing tanks always look great on a lightning....

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

sandiego89

EE Sea Lightning, 801 Squadron, on deployment in Malta. 

1/72 Frog and 1/72 Airfix. 

by Sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"

Squizzette

"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

PR19_Kit

It's SENSATIONAL!  :thumbsup:

It's difficult to the Lightning in it until you look at the wing planform and the fin, the fuselage is NOTHING like the original, superb work there.

What happened to the over-wing tanks though?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Thanks you guys!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 01, 2018, 02:54:16 PM

......What happened to the over-wing tanks though?

As much as I love the over-wing tanks, I needed to keep the missiles up out of the spray.   With moving the lower Avon to the side-by-side arrangement, space was freed up for  more fuel in the lower fuselage/hull. 
Dave "Sandiego89"

Captain Canada

That thing ain't got no alibi ! lol Very cool. Love the shape, the engines ( layout and intake design ) and the colour scheme. The skis look awesome as well. And I like the little wheels too. Great stuff !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jalles

I know to some this maybe heresy, but I'm not a fan of the Lighting.  But this is awesome, I love the upper wing mounted missiles!  So much better than the original. Great job  :thumbsup:.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

rickshaw

Tasty, very tasty indeed!  Well done.  You could have put the overwing tanks above the missiles - hang the missiles off the side of the pylon and double their load...    :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

I have a deep rooted dislike of mounting anything on the top of the wings.  However, I can see that in this case you didn't have much choice.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 01, 2018, 07:19:54 PM

I have a deep rooted dislike of mounting anything on the top of the wings.

And you're the guy who built a recent aircraft model that had a mast and sail!!!!  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Doug K

Dizzyfugu

This is looking sexy!  :wub:

I recently wondered what a side-by-side engine Lightning could look like - and this one gives a good hint. But it is much more than just that. I really like the result.  :thumbsup: