English Electric Lightning F2-J

Started by zenrat, December 29, 2017, 08:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Fred, do you mind if I put the pics up on Twitter (with full credit of course)? Got a fair old modelling audience on there now and I'm trying to infiltrate whiffery into matters... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

zenrat

Go for your life H.
My policy is once i've put my pics somewhere public then they are fair game to all.
It's nice to be asked though.
Let me know if I upset anybody.
:wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on January 14, 2018, 04:19:55 AM
Go for your life H.
My policy is once i've put my pics somewhere public then they are fair game to all.
It's nice to be asked though.
Let me know if I upset anybody.
:wacko:

Got one!  :wacko:

Somebody found and retweeted the original post in the last 24 hours, and it's got two replies so far:

"I like the longer nose cone  :thumbsup: "

and

"That.Is.Hideous"

(It's had 6 retweets and 24 likes in total)

Havn't engaged with the critic at all so far (I've disagreed with him about other things in the past though). I presume he's offended by the colour scheme so I came here looking for more detail on where you got it from.

Reply, or let it lie? (All the same to me)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones '

zenrat

Let it lie mate.  Hideous means it has elicited an emotion from the whinger.  Extra.  Full.  Stops more so.
A win in my book.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on February 12, 2020, 02:04:25 AM
Let it lie mate.  Hideous means it has elicited an emotion from the whinger.  Extra.  Full.  Stops more so.
A win in my book.

Fair enough.

He's one of those who are very knowledgeable and keen, but very mainstream in his thinking, always trotting out the standard 'canon' opinion about any given aircraft. We originally clashed when he was bemoaning the cancellation of the SR.177 as a Lost Opportunity For Britain, and I critiqued it as a wrong-headed blind alley that we were lucky not to go down. :wacko:

- Indiana Jones '

Cobra

this is Superb :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: any plans to do one in Blue Impulse Livery? Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Thanks guys.
I have Hasegawa and original Airfix Lightnings in the stash.  No plans for them but Blue Impulse is a good idea.  I'd rather do it on the new mould though.
Which would leave the Hasegawa for more drastic whiffing (a really long shock cone is tempting plus different wings) and the Airfix for a RW build (first three kits my dad built for me aged 5 were a Lightning, a Freedom Fighter and a Battle - all Airfix).
Fred

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

zenrat

Thanks mate.

Unusually for me I managed to pull off a white paint job without dirty marks under the clear.
Fred

TheChronicOne

I'm back again.. :lol:   I can't help but stare at the pictures. I think the Lighnting is one ugly arse airplane but this is so gorgeous!
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Ugly? UGLY?  :o

The Lightning is an icon of speed and power and is one of the best looking aeroplanes of all time!

But you need to keep in mind that I'm a Brit and I may be a BIT biased.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

More pics here Brad C.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376527@N06/sets/72157690602239035/

They are not pretty like a MiG 21.  The shock cone is too short (hence my mod) and the fat tummy doesn't do them any favours.  And as for over wing tanks.  Meh.
They are brutal looking.  Designed to get high, fast by burning a lot of fuel.

On a similar note, yesterday I pulled down a 1/72 Mig 25 to have a rummage through the box.  I couldn't believe the size of the inlets, exhausts or wheels.  they looked iike 1/48 parts.  I may have to build one soon.  I want to replicate this image.
Fred

TheChronicOne

Beastly, cool, badass, glorious... all words I'd use to describe the EE Lightning. "Pretty"... not as much.  ;D   Of course, now that I think about it, I'm the same way about the Phantom.  :angel: ;D

Pics!!! Alright!   :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

There's one word missing in that description Brad.................

LOUD!   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit