TSR2 meets Red Beard

Started by tc2324, December 07, 2017, 12:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

A little 1/72 scale something I`ve been working on the last couple of months with a fair amount of that time trying to choose an appropriate paint scheme! 

This is most definitively within the realms of `what if`, although some of it can be traced in fact like say, the serial numbers and red tail, which tended to be the scheme of choice for most test establishments.

So here we have TSR2 air frame XR229 test dropping a Red Beard dummy bomb which IIRC would initially have been the TSR`s nuclear weapon of choice.

A fun build and something a little different from the white or camo versions often seen on the net. Possibly not so much a `what if`, but more a `could of been`?

Thanks for looking.

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Hobbes

Very nice!
I really like the 'weapons drop' pose.

McColm

chrisonord

Very nice, I don't think I have seen a NMF TSR-2 before, it looks better than I envisaged like that  :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

b29r

Very cool, TC, and a definite "should have been".  Lovely finish and scheme, and the bomb drop really sets it off.  Well done!
Best regards,
Kem

PR19_Kit

That head-on shot is awesome, just what the enemy would have seen, for a very short while anyway...........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Paper Kosmonaut

That looks very nice indeed. Love the dayglo scheme and the little bit used appearance of the airframe. Good work!
dei t dut mout t waiten!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Beautiful.
A first, I thought that the first photo, where the transparent rod is nearly invisible, was a real plane.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Nick

Quote from: loupgarou on December 07, 2017, 03:44:34 PM
Beautiful.
A first, I thought that the first photo, where the transparent rod is nearly invisible, was a real plane.

Photoshop out the transparent rod and add in some heat blur from the engine and it would look very real!

zenrat

If you squint at the first pic the rod vanishes and it looks great.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on December 07, 2017, 03:44:34 PM
Beautiful.

You are not the only one ! That is absolutely fantastic  :bow: Up there as one of my 2017 favourites  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tc2324

Thank you all very much for the kind comments chaps.    <_<

Pretty much the only `what if` model I`ve done this year so glad it`s appreciated.  :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 07, 2017, 02:04:05 PM
That head-on shot is awesome, just what the enemy would have seen, for a very short while anyway...........  ;)

My favorite, too! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

sandiego89

Great paint job- tough colors to get right! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA