Started by jcf, December 03, 2017, 07:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

https://futuristicmodel.ecwid.com/#

Really cool kits of atmospheric diving suits from 1882 on:

Dizzyfugu

Cool, but pricy. Any idea concerning the scale?  :unsure:

zenrat

As a kid, pictures of this sort of diving suit and of early pressure suits (the type worn in high altitude research aircraft) gave me the heebie jeebies.
No idea why.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on December 04, 2017, 01:34:41 AM
As a kid, pictures of this sort of diving suit and of early pressure suits (the type worn in high altitude research aircraft) gave me the heebie jeebies.
No idea why.

Was it something to do with an odd shaped head and funny (weird) eyes?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

loupgarou

Very interesting. Strange that they mix real-life deep-diving suits with SF items. I'd have expected 2 distinct ranges.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Quote from: Rheged on December 04, 2017, 09:45:15 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 04, 2017, 01:34:41 AM
No idea why.

Was it something to do with an odd shaped head and funny (weird) eyes?

I really have no idea.  The constant volume joints on the diving suits creep me out a bit for some reason but the high altitude suits don't have them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

They seem to be pretty tall - maybe 1:10 or 1:8 scale?

chrisonord

You could put one fighting with a rubber dinosaur or Godzilla in the middle of a 1/700th scale diorama, a very flat and second hand looking Japanese city dio perhaps
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Dizzyfugu

Yes, there are 1:20 figures, but these are explcitly marked. The dive suits are (partly) 6" tall, though, and that's considerably too large to be 1:20?

jcf