Type 10 triplane floatplane

Started by ericr, November 30, 2017, 02:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

I was intrigued by this triplane, originally japanese, for some time, and finally found one with reasonable price + shipping :
the old UPC kit in 1/50, old enough to have the roundels posititions marked into the plastic  ;).

And now I had to do something with it.

And I had this pair of floats left from the MC72z, in 1/48 ...

So here is a start at the Type 10 triplane floatplane (there haven't been so many : it must be a category in its own ),
before painting (it will be blue) :

I kept the funnily awkwardlanding gear arrangement to attach the floats : it gives a style of a transition period between technological eras, a bit like some of the french floatplanes of the 30s, e.g. the LeO H.257

zenrat

Ah. Mitsubishi 1MT.  Odd looking bird isn't it.  I didn't know anyone had kitted it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

UPC in 1/50 plastic, and Choroszy in 1/72 resin

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 30, 2017, 03:09:02 AM
Ah. Mitsubishi 1MT.  Odd looking bird isn't it. 

Never heard of, nor seen it before. Interesting looking and with the floats it will be  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jcf

Designed by Sopwith engineer Herbert Smith. One was converted into a seaplane in 1926
and used as passenger transport and pilot trainer.

-Japanese Aircraft 1910-1941, Shorzoe Abe and Robert Mikesh, Putnam/NIP 1990

ericr

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 30, 2017, 12:11:20 PM
Designed by Sopwith engineer Herbert Smith. One was converted into a seaplane in 1926
and used as passenger transport and pilot trainer.

-Japanese Aircraft 1910-1941, Shorzoe Abe and Robert Mikes, Putnam/NIP 1990

aaarghhh, my thing will then not be as whiff as I thought it would be ?  :o

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on November 30, 2017, 01:12:40 PM

aaarghhh, my thing will then not be as whiff as I thought it would be ?  :o

It is amazing how often we come up with what we consider is an origional, even way out idea, only to discover that someone in the real world had the idea before us  :banghead: ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

ericr

I just found out that it did exist after all : not completely a whiff, but still a bit (different floats, and propeller  ;D)

ericr

NARSES2

ericr