Beechcraft Light VTOL Jet

Started by jalles, November 26, 2017, 02:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalles

Here's a 20 year old WIF I discovered in the attic.  It just needed the landing gear glued on and it was good to go.

The basic concept is a small personal, VTOL aircraft.  I think I started with a 1/72 Beechcraft Bonanza and maybe some parts from a 1/400 Airbus A340, I can't really remember the rest.

F-16 for scale, it's a pretty small airplane.

PR19_Kit

Very neat indeed.  :thumbsup:

It looks like the nozzles came from a small scale Harrier, did they?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jalles

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 26, 2017, 03:05:30 PM
It looks like the nozzles came from a small scale Harrier, did they?

To be honest I think they were from the front of some missile or bomb.  Rockeyes? Mavericks?  But the Harrier was certainly the inspiration.

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

strobez

Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Very cool! I have some doubts concerning the engine(s?) size and their placement somewhere in the hull, but I like the concept and the thing's retro-futuristic shape! Well done, and nice to see something in civilian colors (literally), too!  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

b29r

Great concept and build!  Glad you pulled that one down from the attic and onto the shelf.  <_<

Best regards,
Kem

KiwiZac

It's adorable, I like it a lot! Thanks for bringing it out to be shared, it's brought a much-needed smile to my face today.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

McColm

loupgarou

Very good. Civilian planes (and more so lightplanes) are rarely whiffing subjects. And the (wild) idea and realization are noteworthy!  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Mossie

I'd missed this. Lovely wee machine. :wub: :wub: :wub:  Makes you want to tickle it behind the stabiliser!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Cobra

This is Awesome! Really Well done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: has a Bit of Gerry Anderson Flavor to it! Keep up the Superb work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan