Project Swapshop - an update

Started by Bungle, September 29, 2017, 07:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Any combination of Tu-22 Blinder, B-58 Hustler and Mirage IV?  :wub:

Tu-22M Backfire or Tu-160 Blackjack and a Rockwell B-1?

Luftwaffe Do.24 and an RAF or USN Catalina?

Beaufighter and a Bf 110?

Noratlas and a C-119?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on February 11, 2018, 07:40:16 PM

Noratlas and a C-119?

What? You mean they really AREN'T the same aircraft?  :o ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Can't believe the incredible work you've done on all of these, just mind blowing! Impossible to pick any favorites, every one is a winner.  :thumbsup: :bow:

An idea I had a while ago was a Sunderland/Emily swap, but finding the second one is getting difficult and expensive. You can steal that idea if you wish.  :mellow:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McColm

The Sud Caravelle and the de Havilland Comet. Apart from the tail end, windows , wings and engines. They are almost the same.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on February 12, 2018, 04:23:03 AM

The Sud Caravelle and the de Havilland Comet. Apart from the tail end, windows , wings and engines. They are almost the same.

The trouble with doing that swap is that Air France really DID have Comets.

Ok, they were Comet 1s and they didn't have them for very long, but that half of the swap wouldn't be a swap.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: McColm on February 12, 2018, 04:23:03 AM

I understand that the prototype Caravelle nose WAS a Comet.  If you look very closely at the photos, you can see evidence of PSR work where the joint is. Wikipedia says " Sud's design licensed several fuselage features from British aircraft company de Havilland, whom Sud had already made previous dealings with in respect to several earlier designs. The nose area and cockpit layout were both taken directly from the de Havilland Comet jet airliner, while the rest of the airliner was locally designed".
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Even more bizarre was that de Havilland tested the Comet cockpit grafted onto the front of a Horsa glider!

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on February 11, 2018, 06:32:52 PM

How about a three-way (ooh-err  ;) ) between an F-111, a Tornado and an Su-24 Fencer? F-111 in Soviet markings, Fencer in RAF/Luftwaffe/Italian markings, and Fencer in USAF markings.

Slightly confused about this idea as written. :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 12, 2018, 06:45:26 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 11, 2018, 06:32:52 PM

How about a three-way (ooh-err  ;) ) between an F-111, a Tornado and an Su-24 Fencer? F-111 in Soviet markings, Fencer in RAF/Luftwaffe/Italian markings, and Fencer in USAF markings.

Slightly confused about this idea as written. :o

Ahhhh..... spherical objects... :banghead: Let's try again:

F-111 in Soviet markings, Fencer in Tornado markings (i.e. RAF or Luftwaffe or Italian) and Tornado in USAF markings.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones '

PR19_Kit

Quote from: AS.12 on February 12, 2018, 11:45:46 PM
Quote from: Weaver on February 12, 2018, 04:56:31 PM
F-111 in Soviet marking

That rang a small bell in the recesses of my brainhole:

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,18821.msg646598.html#msg646598

Oh yes, one of Spinners' wonderful 'swap jobs'.  :thumbsup:

And right below the F-111/Su-24s is a Soviet Bucc, lovely stuff.

How I miss Spinners' inspiring work, I've got a SwAF 'Acrojets' Lightning to do from his artwork and that REALLY looks the business.

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Yeah, for some reason I fell in love with his Gloster Grebe, which was a MiG-17 in NMF with RAF Javelin-style markings.

- Indiana Jones '