A-10T Twin-Thunderbolt-2

Started by Tophe, September 12, 2017, 10:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I have ordered today a Heller 1/144 model of Fairchild A-10Thunderbolt II:

from http://www.heller.fr/4144-thickbox_default/a-10-thunderbolt-ii.jpg
My goal is to build it as twin-boom somehow, using the engine pods as booms (no matter if this would not work, what-if in the universe of dreams...?).
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

I will receive it in a rather distant future, between 23rd and 27th of September, 2017 yes.
In the meantime, I may transform the 3-view with Photopaint to show the project:

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

RAFF-35

I'm surprised that you've gone for such a normal design  ;D no asymmetric layout or twin fuselage in sight  :o

I was expecting something more along the lines of this http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20140922/68c067af44be9f95fc3de55f3c4c926f.jpg

But still, as ever, looks like an awesome design  :thumbsup:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Tophe

Thanks a lot for this link, I did not know at all this picture! :wub:
But you know, I mainly love twin-boomers, twin-fuselage planes and asymmetric aircraft come in 2nd and 3rd in my crazy heart... ;)

McColm

Tophe

Good idea  :thumbsup: (on the principle), and I already used a Bronco 1/144 with a F-5 (see http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,42978.45.html )
but this 1/144 Bronco was expensive, and I don't think I will buy another one.

nighthunter

Tophe, you need to let me know how good the kit is and what kind of weapons come with it
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Tophe

Yes, I will tell you at the end of this month if the kit is good (usually I like Heller kits but I will see and confirm or not). :-\
For the weapons, I dislike them completely, and I can send you them by post, you would have a double amount for your one (or another 1/144 model)... ;)

Allan

go for it Tophe and show us some piccies of your progress!!
Allan

nighthunter

Quote from: Tophe on September 14, 2017, 09:18:16 PM
Yes, I will tell you at the end of this month if the kit is good (usually I like Heller kits but I will see and confirm or not). :-\
For the weapons, I dislike them completely, and I can send you them by post, you would have a double amount for your one (or another 1/144 model)... ;)
Thank you, Tophe, I'll do that!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Tophe

The parcel has arrived!

Starting (of mounting/cutting/PSR) is scheduled for Sunday.

[nighthunter, check your PM if you want me to send the weapons]

Tophe

Among the 52 parts, I am going to use only 16 (=31%)...

Tophe

With those parts there in front of me, the temptation was too high... I started, sooner than expected.
Truncating: