Stormzender Spiegel HP-022 - Finished Pics Pg 4

Started by zenrat, July 03, 2017, 04:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Stormzender Spiegel HP-022

The most Technological Cyber Formula Machine to date,the Spiegel HP-022 is one of the first Cyber Formula Machines to be driven with the  COFIN (COnnection to Flight INterface) V1. Developed by Franz Heinel, this machine was one of the dominating machines of the 2022 season, and shows Heinel's superb design.  The machine has a Linear wheel motion system where the wheels aren't attached to any suspension surface, but rather they are kept in place by Stron magnets generating power for the boost system, the Linear Wheel Overload.

Stormzender Spiegel HP-022 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Stormzender Spiegel HP-022 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Stormzender Spiegel HP-022 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Stormzender Spiegel HP-022 10 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Stormzender Spiegel HP-022 15 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

1/24 Aoshima kit built OOB using kit decals.
Painted with rattle can enamel.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

WOWEEE!

That is MAGNIFICENT Fred, what a superb paint job!

I wish F1 cars looked that that these days, even the Force India cars aren't as vividly pink now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sykotik

it's beautiful!  :wub: I want one for myself now
I'm surpised at how good it looks in pink. Never thought I would say that about an kind of subject, but it really works well here

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 01, 2017, 08:24:31 AM
Woh! :o

I'll wait 'til it's finished to say more. :-X

Nope, I've got nuthin'! :o

OK, maybe: Astonishingly, exquisitely awesome & so PINK it slaps you in the face & sucks yer eyes out! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Lovely. That color proves that building anime kits has its special, very colorful charm. Almost like a therapy when you get used to olive drab an RLM tones...  ;)

jalles

Wow!  That's outstanding, awesome job  :thumbsup: I'll echo everyone's opinion on the color, it looks great!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 06, 2017, 07:06:26 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on October 01, 2017, 08:24:31 AM
Woh! :o

I'll wait 'til it's finished to say more. :-X

Nope, I've got nuthin'! :o

OK, maybe: Astonishingly, exquisitely awesome & so PINK it slaps you in the face & sucks yer eyes out! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm surprised there isn't a Sanrio sponsorship on there somewhere :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Thanks folks.  Glad you like it.
The pink paint was left over from a bicycle I painted for my neighbours granddaughter.  The commission was "she wants it as pink as possible".  Job done I think.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

A small collection of them would look good painted up in archetypal F1 team colours. Lotus green with yellow stripe, Lotus John Player Special, McLaren orange, McLaren Marlboro red/white, Brabham green with a gold stripe, etc etc. you get the idea I'm sure.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Good plan Kit, I do have 2 more in the stash.  Both six wheelers.
Fred

NARSES2

I really don't understand the genre but I can appreciate a good model  :thumbsup:

The standard of builds in this GB has been exceptional
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

That's badass, dude! Reminds me of the Redbull "vacuum car." Them paint work's off the chart!  :wub:

Them mag-wheels are dope, too.  :mellow:  ;D

Anyway, I dig the COFIN. I am familiar with the term from seeing it in the Ace Combat series, but, might not be the same set-up;  does it mean that there is someone aloft piloting this drone from some flying command center or jet or is it someone plugged into machines in a trailer or something?

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 10, 2017, 07:24:05 PM
That's badass, dude! Reminds me of the Redbull "vacuum car." Them paint work's off the chart!  :wub:

Them mag-wheels are dope, too.  :mellow:  ;D

Anyway, I dig the COFIN. I am familiar with the term from seeing it in the Ace Combat series, but, might not be the same set-up;  does it mean that there is someone aloft piloting this drone from some flying command center or jet or is it someone plugged into machines in a trailer or something?

Ah, no.  The driver is in the car lying on her back.  There are two pedals for her feet and pistol grips for her hands with triggers and thumb buttons.  She sees where she is going in a wrap round screen (which I stuck some mirror finish mylar on).  Don't ask me where the camera(s) is(are).
Access is through the odd shaped hatch which is open in the fourth pic (you can see the mylar reflecting the nose of the car) .  I was going to detail it up inside with switches and control panels but there is no way anyone would ever see any of it without pulling the thing apart.
I guess its COFIN because it's like the driver is lying in the box waiting to go into the hole.
Fred

TheChronicOne

Thanks for clearing up my confusion!! I didn't have the benefit of following the build along from inception. I was looking at it like "there's no way someone could fit in there!" It never occurred to me she would be laying down. In my addled mind I was thinking the pilot was in some type of plane up above circling around.  ;D    Yesterday was a loooong day.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-