Future engined warbirds

Started by Tophe, July 01, 2017, 11:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I plan to draw Mustangs and Lightnings with "impossible" (future ? in 1946) engines, based on microwaves or ultrasound...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here are the SCI-38A, B, C: :-\

SCI was not meaning "Science Fiction" in 1945-46, but "Science", very serious, even if top secret... ;) ;D

Tophe

The SCI-38D and E were also using incredible engines, mixed or full...

Weaver

Hah, nice one. :thumbsup:

Reminds me of an idea I had for a biplane floatplane with a salvaged-from-a-UFO engine driving the prop, which has just landed in a fantasic landscape because the 'engine' has done other things besides making it go fast.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Weaver on July 02, 2017, 04:04:19 PM
Hah, nice one. :thumbsup:

Reminds me of an idea I had for a biplane floatplane with a salvaged-from-a-UFO engine driving the prop, which has just landed in a fantasic landscape because the 'engine' has done other things besides making it go fast.... :wacko:

"We're not in Kansas anymore..."

Oh, come on - enough groaning out there - you had to have seen that one coming!  ;)

Tophe

Of course, in the future, there would be VTOL with revolutionary engines (for lift and speed). The 2 versions are feasibility prototype and commercial one.

zenrat

Hey Tophe, how about microwave engines that can also cook in flight snacks?
Or maybe they microwave corn for fuel which provides thrust with it's popping action?  You'd need to include a following flock of greedy seagulls...

;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Thanks zenrat, your words are funny, but not easy to illustrate... ;)

Tophe

Other mysterious (dangerous?) engines...

Tophe

No historian knows what this engine was, but obviously it was dangerous for the pilot...

Tophe

The AWa-38A, Z, M seem to refer to Angular Waves 38, regular, zwilling, mistel, but this is not sure, this is still secret... :-\

Tophe

I don't know what Aerodynamic push means, but the 3 models below seem to be: glider-test, airplane-test, Real Thing! (ahem, "Real" maybe is not the good word, because this was too expensive and was never built, up to now 70 years later).

Tophe

What a hell is this power project?! The code is Mgn-38 (versions A, B, C), but did that mean Magnetic or Magnesium or else?
(If this is a tool to break the space-time continuum, maybe the speed is above the speed of light, 761 million miles per hour...) :-\

Tophe

Futuristic Lightnings with double solenoids making a huge force (no matter drag) from the Earth electrical field...

AXU

Imagination has no limits...keep them coming Cristophe !  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: