The Grey Ghost from Gothenburg

Started by Gondor, June 19, 2017, 03:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I have been getting stuck into a build recently, even got some painting done as well but then it is a bomber from WWII so needs its interior painted before the fuselage gets put together. The wings half's are stuck together and the outer engine areas have been cut out to receive its new outer engines, modifications to where the inner engines go has also been carried out. Having to rob parts from one of my other kits to help detail two of the engine mounts but I should be able to either scratch or cast a couple of replacements at some point in the future.

I will post pictures where more of the aircraft is together unless I get distracted by another build of five  :rolleyes:

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Some progress, most of the interior is painted but I still need to add detail and the windows so I am not showing that yet, I also forgot to take pictures   :rolleyes:

So here are some pictures of the wings and what I have done to the engine nasals.

If you are of a nervous disposition then look away as there are scenes of cut plastic!

First a picture of an unmodified Revell Lancaster wing as this kit is the basis for two builds which I am building partly in tandem, at least the basic wing build and fuselage. Engines and markings are a different matter though. Anyhow, on with the pictures

Here is what I have done to the poor defenceless Lancaster wing  :wacko:

And the difference between the painted wheel well parts, which I thought would be a help  :banghead:  and an unpainted undercarriage bay which went together quite easily in comparison to the paint one

And here is the reason that there are big chunks missing from the Revell wing and undercarriage bays. Spare parts from an Airfix Lancaster M.k. II which is going to be used as the basis of a conversion to a Lincoln.

Which will get this type of engine on the new nasals which along with a new paint scheme should change the look a little ;D

The other, unpainted set of wings and nasals will get a different set of engines

Should be quite a different look, I may even try the Sabre on a Halifax as that had a fairly big chin intake on it's merlin installation.

More hopefully sooner than later

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....