Warning Real World - RAAF Huey UH-1B

Started by zenrat, June 09, 2017, 04:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

This is the Tamiya rebox of the 1/72 Italeri kit.
I painted it as per the RAAF scheme provided with the kit.
RW RAAF Huey 6 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
RW RAAF Huey 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
RW RAAF Huey 5 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
I added white metal crew (elhiem figures) and couldn't resist making one of them a secret police/MiB type.  The weight of the crew plus a layer of heavy glue under the floor are needed to keep the tail off the ground.
RW RAAF Huey 8 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And here is little Huey with big Huey (1/35 Dragon).
RW RAAF Huey 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Cool! :mellow:

I have the UH-1N & AH-1W in 1/35 ... Wonder if I'll ever find the time to build them? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

AXU

zenrat

Thanks blokes.

Guy - the big Huey is the Dragon (ex Panda) UH-1D.  Glass is about a scale foot thick and the crew don't fit without surgery.  It was the first non-car model I built in about 30 years.  You should build your big choppers.  :lol:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

Nice ! Hard to not build it in that paint scheme eh !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

Nice, but your MiB looks more like a MiW (Man in White) if my eyes aren't worse than usual.  <_<
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Very nice work as always, Fred!  :thumbsup:
It's one of the choppers i wanna build, a gorgeous classic. Would also like to build the Puma, Alouette III and either the OH-6 or MD-530F Cayuse, maybe even a but first i'll have to buy the kits... the Afghan Cayuse looks very good... https://goo.gl/images/qLivNg
The Kittyhawk 1/48 AH-1Z has also been added to my to-buy list... :wub: And i've always imagined the Dolphin/Dauphin armed to the teeth in a military version so that's another one i'll have to buy, too! :rolleyes:

:cheers:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Loopy - he has taken his jacket off (I should have made one  to hang on a hook behind his seat).  The pilot is in shirt sleeves so it is obviously a warm day.   :mellow:

Eagle eyed viewers will have spotted that this isn't quite finished as I haven't attached the aerial to the tip of the tail or the skid to the end of the tail boom or painted the warning light behind the rotor post.  All of which I didn't spot I hadn't sone until I started to clear the spare parts out of the box.  D'oh!
It's not a bad kit although you do lose all the rivet detail off the nose when sanding the join there.  Detail isn't bad and no filler was needed.  I can see myself building more.
Fred

kitnut617

Very nice Fred  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

During my 'build all variants' theme time, I bought just about every Huey variant (in 1/72) I could with the intention of building all of them. Should get on with it ---  :banghead:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Fred