WAH-66 Crossbow Comanche

Started by PR19_Kit, May 26, 2017, 11:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Job done. ;D

Here's the funny green thing in all its glory, complete with 20 mm cannon in the nose and a variety of ordnance poking out from below the snap-action weapons bay doors. If those small, white missiles on the outer racks look odd it's because they're the short lived, BAe developed Mini-winders.  ;D

(Actually they're 1/100 scale 'winders from a Revell A-10 Snap-together kit)

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AXU

DogfighterZen

Yup, very nice indeed! Love what you did with the rotor blades. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Never knew it had existed :o Had to do some Googling and YouTubing ;D. Lovely finish on what appears to have been a dog of a build. Congrats :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jalles

Awesome job!  I really like the stealthy longbow housing.  Rotor tips are sweet too.  :thumbsup:

proditor

Very nice!  :thumbsup:

I admit being partial to the grey, but that's probably just a vestige of all the ship building.

Gondor

Very nice indeed Kit  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

I like it  :thumbsup:

Strange shade of green though, is that what Brit Army choppers are painted in these days Kit?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 02, 2017, 04:34:23 PM
I like it  :thumbsup:

Strange shade of green though, is that what Brit Army choppers are painted in these days Kit?

I wondered how long it would take before someone commented on the colours.  :thumbsup:

When I started the build I asked on here about that and Thorvic and Aircav gave me the true griff on it. But there wasn't enough time to get hold of the correct period colour from these Hataka people, so I invented my own 'green scheme'. Eventually I decided on that strange mix that the RAF used on the Harrier GR5s, but I hadn't got exactly the correct upper green so I used the nearest I had, Humbrol 76 Uniform Green. The underside is USMC Field Green, which is almost exactly right for the GR5 scheme.

The rotor was 76 as well to start with, but didn't look right, so I repainted it Field Green. Most of the airframe is satin varnished, except for the radar pod, which I did matt.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

That looks excellent ! Love the additions you've made and it certainly looks good in those colours !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?