S.H.A.D.O Moon patrol vehicle.

Started by chrisonord, February 23, 2017, 02:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I built this a couple of weeks back and literally threw some bits and superglue together and painted it. It looks raw, untidy and functional, so it will do for me. It's the first S.H.A.D.O build I have done for a while, and was reasonably good fun to build too. Anyway enough real world drivel, here is the important bits.
With the moon having such a low gravitational pull, the boffins on the moon base wanted a vehicle that didn't bounce in the "air" everytime it hit a bump,and also didn't want a vehicle that would weigh as much as the moon to compensate for it, and also arrive at the base from earth in a convenient kit form. The vehicle doesn't use wheels but flies at low level or high level if needed via use of  its 3 rocket motors, 2 of which control vertical travel and vector thrust through 360 degrees via multiple side and forward facing thrust nozzles, that also revolve on their axis. This gives the vehicle, which is actually a craft if you want to nit pick, pin point accuracy when needed during maneuvering. This is needed as one of its primary roles is to remove and replace spent/new fuel cores for the moon base power reactor. Here it is anyway.
moon vehicle 2 by Chris Hall, on Flickr
moon vehicle by Chris Hall, on Flickr
Oh, and don't believe everything NASA tell you about the colour of the surface of the moon either, it is quite dark and leathery looking in places
Cheers
Chris.   
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Gerry Anderson meets Red Dwarf!

Looks great  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

That is very cool ! Looks like a little bug. A space bug ! I want to pick it up and buzz around the moon. I mean room. Great stuff !

:thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Sweet - that would totally fit into the series. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Rick Lowe

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Thanks for the replies everyone, It looks half decent sat on my mantle piece too  :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-