Mikoyan MiG-0.5 "Fiftycent"

Started by Librarian, February 21, 2017, 07:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Inspired by a jet biplane in Trigan Empire, this is my humorous entry for the GB. Kills time waiting for the parts for my other project. Lets just say that jet propulsion turned up a lot earlier and aircraft design hadn't quite caught up ;D

Base kit is the Academy 1/48 P-26.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Snowtrooper

Well the idea isn't actually so far-fetched, they did install a pair of ramjets on an I-15 in 1939, and engine testing had begun already in 1933...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramjet#Soviet_Union

nighthunter

This should be good...

Suggestion on designation, MiG I-26
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

Quote from: Snowtrooper on February 21, 2017, 08:06:24 AM
Well the idea isn't actually so far-fetched, they did install a pair of ramjets on an I-15 in 1939, and engine testing had begun already in 1933...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramjet#Soviet_Union

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

'Comrade' you WILL test fly this aircraft or you'll be going to Siberia!!!!'  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Comrade, this aircraft will make you a Hero of the Rodina and double your allocation of socks in the next 5 year plan.............and  possibly scatter you all over the steppe from here to Vladivostok..........or, alternatively, the Gulag is very cold at this time of year.

Is the type designation   MiG 0.5 your percentage chance of coming out of this escapade unscathed?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Librarian

Quote from: Rheged on February 22, 2017, 05:24:22 AM
Is the type designation   MiG 0.5 your percentage chance of coming out of this escapade unscathed?

No...its a hint at the average Summer centigrade temp of where you're headed in the event of failure ;D.

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on February 22, 2017, 05:24:22 AM
Comrade, this aircraft will make you a Hero of the Rodina and double your allocation of socks in the next 5 year plan.............

Don't think it would be extra socks he, or bearing in mind this is the USSR she, would need ! Extra underpants rations more likely  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Lovely little project, very invigorating:

loupgarou

That was superfast!
Have you been to Dizzy's school ?  ;D
Very good build. The gigantic mouth is impressive.  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Comrade Librarian, you have achieved great things!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

What ! What a great idea and who knew it would turn out so well ? That thing just looks right ! Both as an early jet and as a Rooskie !

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Looks good and that's a very nice result for such a short time, well done! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"