Shinden

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, February 16, 2017, 05:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Well up to your usual standards Ian  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Interesting scheme! Cries out for Thai markings...?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 22, 2017, 08:08:25 AMInteresting scheme! Cries out for Thai markings...?

Nice idea, but no, not this time.

Ian.
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

KiwiZac

I've seen that scheme before and didn't like the idea of having to brush all those curvy bits - now I see there's an easier way! Top job!

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on February 21, 2017, 03:27:50 PM
Quote from: kerick on February 21, 2017, 02:39:02 PMThe NMF looks awesome! Is that just paint or some form of alchemy?

Nahh, I don't do Alchemy anymore, they burn folks for that around here (right Zac  :rolleyes:).
Ian.

First rule of the Taranaki Alchemy Club is "don't tell the Inquisition about Alchemy Club".
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: KiwiZac on February 22, 2017, 11:48:24 AMFirst rule of the Taranaki Alchemy Club is "don't tell the Inquisition about Alchemy Club".

...tru dat.

Ian.

Confuscious (maybe)

chrisonord

Looking good Ian, the more I look at the Shinden the more I want to put a big turbo contra prop on one and some rockets and napalm tanks. I have never tried the blue tak sausage trick before and it looks really good. Looking forward to the finished article.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

Ditto here!
I got a new airbrush for Christmas last year and I need to try it out on a pattern like that
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

That's looking very good indeed, sweet camo! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Is it too late to go with some kind of MASSIVE BFO cannon in the nose like the Me 262 with the 55mm Mauser?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 23, 2017, 03:31:36 PMIs it too late to go with some kind of MASSIVE BFO cannon in the nose like the Me 262 with the 55mm Mauser?

No not too late, Lee, just don't want to do it on this project - off now to go put some stickers on it !!

Ian.

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

We like it better when you're not here, what with showing us all up like that lol. Great job so far ! Thanks for showing us how you're doing it I want to try that someday. Cheers !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Well it's all done, after less than a week on the bench and tomorrow I'll be able to unmask the canopy and take some photos. Certainly not the best 'What If' project I've done, but two years after my last one, I'm very happy with it... so much so that I'm already thinking of another pseudo-Japanese project.

Anyone got any ideas what to do with a 1:48 'Raiden' ??? - I'm thinking 'air racer' at the moment  :angel: - see you tomorrow.

Ian.

Confuscious (maybe)

comrade harps

Whatever.

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on February 24, 2017, 09:12:26 PM

Anyone got any ideas what to do with a 1:48 'Raiden' ??? - I'm thinking 'air racer' at the moment  :angel: - see you tomorrow.

Ian.[/font][/color]

Dutch ? As reparations post WWII and then it could have ended up in Indonesian colours ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

...and done !!

_zpsyclxwxva.jpg.html][/URL]

As ever thanks for taking the time to look-in. Feel free to make any criticism, comment or ask any questions. More soon.

Ian.[/color][/font]

Confuscious (maybe)