Bristol 135

Started by The Wooksta!, February 13, 2017, 02:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

To follow on from me MB2, I give the assembled ladies and gentlemen my in service Bristol 135.  Magna kit straight from the box and decals from the spares box.  I honestly can't remember what squadron she's with, but then again, she's a 2007 build.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

jcf

Nice.  :thumbsup:

Put one in Thai markings, ROC suns or hinomaru and sow confusion.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

I've never heard of the 135 before, but it looks handy. Was it to the same spec as the Miles M20?

IIRC quite a few inter-War RAF aircraft had that axe-head design on the fin, with the squadron badge inside it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

No.  It was one of the competitors for the Spitfire contract, or rather F5/34.  I've the Magna Gloster submission, as well as their Vickers Venom.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

That's very different from a Spitfire.  I like it.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Nice one. I could imagine this one well with Dutch pre WWII markings, too!?

Captain Canada

Very cool ! I like the stance, the wing and the canopy. Looks a bit like a Zero ! Better mark her up if she does battle in the Pacific  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Strange li'l critter ... Almost looks Japanese! <_<
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Snowtrooper

Finland purchases 135's at the same time as Blenheims (instead of Fokker D.XXI's) and licence-builds both? ;)

NARSES2

She's come out a lot better than mine Lee  :thumbsup:

I've got all 3 of those Magna kits and they are all nice builds and make a great pre WWII line up
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Lovely little plane. I find her very attractive :wub:....agree to the Japanese similarities :thumbsup:

Knightflyer

Well I'm not sure, but I think it's 43 squadron? The fin badge decal might originally be off a Hawker Fury?

And shouldn't it be a Bristol 146 ? Whatever the number it looks very good in that camouflage though  :thumbsup:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

kerick

Sure these plans weren't stolen to design the Zero? ;D
Nice work!
Never heard of Magna kits. Is it resin?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on February 14, 2017, 02:00:23 PM

Never heard of Magna kits. Is it resin?

Yup. Old established British producer, nice if basic, kits. Quite chunky but went together well, especially the latter ones. Did mainly British, particularly RN, subjects although at the end he did produce 3 Soviet experimental fighter types, I got all 3  ;D

Production tailed off and then ended when he emigrated to Spain. I think that is the current situation anyway. Someone will correct me (please) if I'm wrong.

You can still get a lot of the kits quite readily however.

Here's the current availabilty at Hannants https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8099&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=&keyword_search=&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.