1/72 Blue Gemini satellite interceptor

Started by KiwiZac, January 01, 2017, 07:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on January 12, 2017, 02:00:37 AM
This, and having watched Serenity again last week, has got me thinking about an armed Space Shuttle.
Monogram 1/72 with an Airfix Bofors in the cargo bay manned by a pair of astronauts.  None of which I currently have in my stash.

You obviously need one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPACE-SHUTTLE-DOOR-GUNNER-ARMY-MORALE-ACU-VELCRO-BRAND-FASTENER-PATCH-/331279034001
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

MartG

Quote from: AC787 on January 11, 2017, 09:44:54 PM
Impressive model! By any chance have you read the Blue Gemini series by Mike Jenne? My understanding is that it has a similar premise to this WHIF.

That was my thought too  :thumbsup:
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Paper Kosmonaut

Now that actually is a very nice what-if indeed. I like how you solved the 'problem' of dealing with the two separate modules behind the capsule. I guess the concave foil structure wouldn't have been needed, but it makes for a nicer rear anyway.
Also, nice how you dealt with the retropack.
dei t dut mout t waiten!

Leading Observer

Mike Jenne has written a novel trilogy about the Blue Gemini project avaliable on Amazon - it'a pricey, but having read the first novel, it's a good read
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures