IOWA battleship to aircraft carrier conversion.

Started by seadude, December 11, 2016, 01:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

seadude

seadude

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Nick

seadude

Thanks for the compliments, guys.  :thumbsup:
Though I must say that I am a bit bummed about this model. :(  Unfortuneately, it may not be eligible for entry at several model contests I want to go to this year.  :banghead: At least 4-5 contests have a rule stipulating that the model entry must be the "sole work" of the person entering the model. That counts me out because as I stated at the beginning of Page 1 of this thread, another modeler previously started this model, but couldn't finish it, then gave it to me as a gift to finish and keep. So if I take it to any contests, it will be "For Display Only.". :(

zenrat

I can see why they would have that rule, but it must be frustrating.
It looks great and i'm sure that even if not a competitive entry it'll still attract a lot of attention.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

JoeP

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Captain Canada

Chicken dinner !

It's part 3 that does it for me. Seeing the stern and the hangar. But I'm still in love with the bow. Seeing the Battleship poking her nose out like that. Such a great build !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Purplebeard

Stunning. A magnificent piece of work.

Now you just have to do the post-Korean War conversion upgrade to an angle deck and enclosed hurricane bow.