AC-400 `Death Star Contractors`

Started by tc2324, December 01, 2016, 06:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 01, 2016, 08:00:22 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Any chance of a close-up of the nose art? :unsure:

Sorry, only just had a chance to do this for you and close up it looks horrible. Just glad it`s in 1/72 and looks fine from a reasonable distance.

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

tc2324

Quote from: scooter on December 13, 2016, 01:13:18 PM
So...they nailed a coconut crab?

As you do in hot and sandy climates.....  ;D
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Old Wombat

Nah, it's just a crab. ;)

Doesn't look anything like this:

It's not meant to look good close-up, tc, but now I know what it depicts, it's great! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Was that crab trying to steal your ruler?

It's a big old bugger.

Kit -  they are all that big in Australia.  If you park by the beach you have to check in the car before you get in as they are attracted to food scraps under the seats and can give your ankles quite a nip while you are driving if you haven't tempted them out with a tin of sardines or some tasty cheese.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on December 14, 2016, 12:53:07 AM

It's a big old bugger.

Kit -  they are all that big in Australia.  If you park by the beach you have to check in the car before you get in as they are attracted to food scraps under the seats and can give your ankles quite a nip while you are driving if you haven't tempted them out with a tin of sardines or some tasty cheese.

Ye gods, is NOTHING safe out there? I'm amazed the human race still exists in Oz.......  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I must be honest, I may have made that up...
:rolleyes:

Although anyone who has seen the floor in Mrs zs car would not be surprised if it attracted wildlife.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 14, 2016, 02:32:00 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 14, 2016, 12:53:07 AM

It's a big old bugger.

Ye gods, is NOTHING safe out there? I'm amazed the human race still exists in Oz.......  :o

That, Kit, is a coconut crab, called a robber crab on Christmas Island (CI).

Endemic, but rare-ish, throughout the tropical Asia Pacific region. CI is one of the very few places they are a protected species & it, therefore, has a very healthy population of them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3431481/Christmas-Island-tourist-Mark-Pierrot-pictured-giant-coconut-crab.html
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

In Tasmania they have the world's largest Yabbies - over a metre in length!

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Do they eat well ?  :mellow: Had Alaskan King Crab once and it was way, way to sweet for me, although Spider Crab was even sweeter.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Crab doesn't agree with me.  The one time I had it I was violently sick.

Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on December 16, 2016, 01:24:18 AM
Crab doesn't agree with me.  The one time I had it I was violently sick.

I have to say, something that size wouldn't agree with me, either - where's the cricket bat?  :o

albeback

:
Quote from: rickshaw on December 01, 2016, 07:58:51 PM
Interesting.  Why a 122mm and a 105mm?    :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Why not? ;D. I have an Airfix AC-130 in the stash which I will be doing as a RAF AC-130. Thought it might be nice to hang a few Mavericks under the wings as well to give it a decent stand off capability. Thought I might it assign it to a former Vulcan squadron. Don't like the very boring overall Gunship Grey though. I think a ,three tone grey splinter pattern might be nice

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!