Chronic's Completed Builds

Started by TheChronicOne, November 24, 2016, 01:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

I want the latest scheme possible. If it's flying 2018 that's what I want. I don't think the schemes and markings have changed much in the last 20 years but... just to be on the safe side I say "latest possible."

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:   

I'm in no hurry, however, and still need to see if I have sheets with alternate markings that may work. I have an old 70's Hase kit that came close but doesn't have the low-vis stuff. Of the kits I've found so far, no dice. I may have a couple others hiding in the stash and need to check but I doubt there's anything in there.

A caveat to the picture above, and I don't know what the difference is other than maybe these are ANG planes or something, but I want this type of tail numbering set up that includes the manufacture date:

For giggles, here's the kits I've found so far:

:laugh:

More giggles for the Japanese cousins:

:tornado:
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

That Revell box brings back memories... it was the base kit for my F-16W, still have the decal sheet and i've thought of using it or at leats, parts of it, on some other kit...  :wacko:
I have the Tamiya 1/72 CJ kit, looks like it would be close to what you need, look at the sheet in the review below and tell me if that's it.
http://www.hyperscale.com/2014/reviews/kits/tamiya60786reviewbg_1.htm
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Definitely would work. Only thing that gives me pause are the base code and numbers. "SP AF91 352"....  if that will fit onto a Mustang fin, then it's a winner!
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Just had a quick look and if you don't mind them covering the whole tail, it's a go. :thumbsup: one of the big letters sits on the rudder but i think it would look good, a bit like Korean war US Mustang markings. PM me your address.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

HOOOOO BOY!!!!!   :mellow:

On it... I need to finish dragging my airplanes in from outside. I took all the small ones outside for class pics. I was dusting them off... when the idea struck. If I have to pick up every last one to clean it, may as well go the extra mile. Not a cloud in the sky and wind is barely blowing so I decided to just go for it.

BRB . . . .  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Duplicate post from my blog thread. The "Class Pics" project is complete, for now:

If you like pictures.... this post is for you. I left out 5 aircraft builds: The 1/48 U2 Interceptor, Vatican City MC 205, the TU-4 Bull in Cuban service, Soviet Apache, and the 1950's era USAF Mig 27. I'll add some of these at the end, but, they will be old pictures. Also omitted are my Sci-Fi stuff. Just focusing on planes for now.

Anyway....  I did a bunch of "groupings" and "pairings" based on certain things like size, colors, like aircraft, and other more random considerations such as "for the hell of it":

(Grouped together because both are "Star Trek" universe)

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

I especially love the twin-boomer, that looks like a Flitzer, is it? <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

Flitzer?!  ;D

Nah, that's Emperor Dracula's personal Vampire in the Transylvanian Imperial Air Corp (I think it was).  ;D

Made it with the excellent new-tool Airfix Vampire T.11. It was meant to be a surprise "Halloween" special but I was late.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Mitsubishi is done!! It started out as an experiment which I gave up on because I kind of "fell in love" with it I guess, and didn't want to "hurt my baby." Corners were cut and I goofed up some stuff like the canopy work, and part of the "J" ... went somewhere....  etc. but it looks pretty snazzy sittin on the shelf!

Overcast today but even cloudy outside pictures are better than anything I can do inside the house. Pictures turned out well!

You know I think I like the bottom better than the top.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Finally found the sun and went out and took some pictures of the recent builds!! Galaxy pics didn't turn out well but the Vanquish ones did. I had problems regardless because I couldn't see the screen on the phone because of the light so had to mainly guess at the angles and stuff. I'm surprised they turned out as decent as they did.

It snowed a bit over night so the first thing I had to do was make a buddy to come along:

Galaxy:

;D

Vanquish:

And some of the older pics because I skipped certain angles outside... like I said I couldn't see and guess I missed some shots..  :rolleyes:

More to come soon!
-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

That Mitsubishi has certainly caught my eye much like the mustang float plane , but all are exceptional and individual  :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

Hey I'm glad you like it!!! I do, too, even after the corner-cutting.  ;D  What a neat airplane and the colors added in make for a nice visual.

That paint is a treat and I will definitely be buying more. Haven't been much of a fan of NMF finishes until I found this stuff. All I need to do now is practice, practice, practice and it can only get better.
-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

DogfighterZen

Great stuff, Brad! :thumbsup: Like Chris said, they all look great but the Mitsu does stand out, great NMF paint job... And the Vanquish also looks very good! :thumbsup: I thought i wouldn't like it that much cause i don't like the round wingtips but, i admit i like much more than i expected. Would be kind of the TSR.2, F-108 Rapier, etc., cold war era interceptor types, right?

NARSES2

That's a neat collection but the Mitsubishi really stands out. Fantastic n.m.f. Well done  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.